Will I lose info if I delete 1Password and download again from Apple's App store?

JohnGreen
JohnGreen
Community Member

I have 1Password on my Mac laptop, my iPad, and my iPhone. When I try to open 1Password on the laptop I get a message saying 1Password is damaged and can't be opened and I should delete it and download again from Apple's App Store. I'm wondering whether if I do this the passwords stored there - including the master password - will still be there or will need to be reset. Are there any potential problems or time consuming complications with doing this? This problem is only affecting the laptop; 1Password is working fine on the iPad and iPhone. (Fortunate, because I used 1Password on the iPad to get the password I needed to sign into this forum on my laptop!)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:My Mac says 1Password is damaged and I should delete and download again from Apple Store. Ok to do?

Comments

• JohnGreen
    JohnGreen
    Community Member

P.S. This happened after I downloaded and installed the update 1Password 6.3 yesterday.

• JohnGreen
    JohnGreen
    Community Member

Problem solved when I decided to try reloading the latest update from the App Store. Didn't need to delete anything.

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni

Hey there @JohnGreen,

Thanks for asking this question, and I'm sorry you're experiencing this.

The answer is that no, if you drag the 1Password app to the garbage, it will not remove your personal data from your computer.

Your data is saved in a separate application data folder. So assuming you are just dragging the application to the trash it will not touch your data.

This discussion has been closed.