Dropbox using API rather than app

numetheus
numetheus
Community Member

Can we have a version of the OSX client that uses the dropbox API instead of relying on the Dropbox app for OSX? Their client is retarded and crashes with the latest OSX. It is a problem that other are having and is frustrating that I cannot sync with my Mac. It works on my Windows machine no problem (I've purchased both licenses).

1Password Version: 6.3
Extension Version: 630032
OS Version: OSX 10.11.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @numetheus,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

I'm going to ask you to please refrain from using the R word on this forum. As my brother-in-law has developmental disabilities, it's personally offensive. Omitting it from your vocabulary is just a good way to live life.

I'll pass your request along to the developers, but, in the meantime, I'm sure we can get Dropbox working as well for you as it is for the millions of other folks who rely on it to sync their 1Password data.

What version of the Dropbox client are you using? I'm on 10.11.5 like you, and Dropbox 4.2.49 has been quite solid. I'm sure we (or Dropbox) can get it sorted out for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.