Previously used passwords, year cut off in mini and browser extension

Paco II
Paco II
Community Member

Wonder if you guys would add this to your to do list: In 1Password mini as well as the browser extension, when viewing previously used passwords, the last two digits of the year are truncated, making it impossible to be certain what year previous passwords were changed. This then requires me to open the main application to view. Wonder if you'd consider adding this to your to-do list to tweak.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for mentioning this, @Paco II. :)

I hadn't noticed before myself, but I see exactly what you mean.

I've filed this for resolution in an update. :+1:

ref: OPM-4172

• Paco II
    Paco II
    Community Member

I know it's not mission critical, but just one of those annoying workflow things. Thanks for filing a ticket to address it.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

For sure! It's the attention to detail that makes 1Password the app it is today. :)

• Paco II
    Paco II
    Community Member

Hi Khad, just thought I'd follow up on this. Haven't seen any changes in the betas, and wanted to see if fixing this was still on the table, or if it had been rejected.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@Paco II,

I don't have a time frame for it, but it's on the list. :+1:

• Paco II
    Paco II
    Community Member

Been 8 months, so figured I'd bump this. I know it's not a high priority issue, but it also wouldn't appear to be a particularly hard thing to fix either :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Paco II,

Thanks for checking in again about this. Still no estimate when it'll be fixed, and I've reminded our developers about it.

Here's a workaround:

• When displaying a Login item with Previously used passwords in 1Password mini, anchor the item details. The Command-O keyboard shortcut is handy for doing that.
    • Resize the item details width until the full date and time is visible.

Resizing anchored mini item details is what I do to fully display fields/values when they're truncated by default. Hope that's helpful for you, too, until it's no longer necessary to do. :)

• Paco II
    Paco II
    Community Member

@sjk Yeah that's been one of my workarounds for all these months. Though just opening the main app takes about the same time in my experience. It seems like such a minor bug but also a clear UX oversight, so I keep hoping they will fix it.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

I'm glad to hear you already knew about the workaround! And sorry again that this issue hasn't been addressed yet. Our developers have had a lot on their plates over the past year or so, and unfortunately that tends to bump minor issues like this down on the list of priorities. That doesn't mean it'll never be fixed though, and hopefully that will happen sooner rather than later. :)

• Paco II
    Paco II
    Community Member
    edited March 2017

@Drew_AG Thanks for the feedback. To reiterate, I know this is a minor issue, and why I only bump it every 8 months or so :) But I pretty regularly like to check how old a password is, so I hit this issue quite often.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

No problem - a reminder once every 8 months or so seems perfectly reasonable to me. ;)

This discussion has been closed.