Autofill not working on my banking site

Options
sailfish
sailfish
Community Member
edited June 2016 in 1Password in the Browser

Hello,

I'm trying to use 1Password with https://portal.hellobank.at and it always fails to fill the Identifier. I've already tried saving the login for the page manually but the problem persists on both of my computers. Could you please look into this? Thank you!

I'm using OS X 10.11.5 with Safari and 1PW build 630032.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sailfish: I'm not sure if it's something that's changed in the latest version of 1Password, the extension, or something odd with your setup in particular, but I was able to save and fill a working login manually for the site, which included the "identifier". After updating 1Password, please follow these steps to save the login manually:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosumbit disabled

Please let me know how it turns out. And if you're still having trouble, be sure to include the extension version you're using as well as the exact steps where you're running into trouble. Thanks in advance! :)

• sailfish
    sailfish
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your response. Interesting to know that it does work on your machine but it doesn't work on either of my two Macs with 1Password installed.

My 1PW Safari Extension is at version 4.5.6. As mentioned I've tried saving a new login manually but it still fails at filling the complete form — it always fills two fields, leaves the third empty and autosubmits.
    I've disabled all other Browser extensions, uninstalled and reinstalled the 1PW browser extension and the issue persists.
    Is there any other explanation for this behaviour?

• sailfish
    sailfish
    Community Member
    Options

I've found the reason. The problem was fixed with 6.3.1 (I reported the site a few weeks ago) but this computer was still running 6.3.0.
    I've updated to 6.3.1, manually saved a new login and it now works as expected. Thank you!

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great, @sailfish! Let us know if we can help with anything else. :)

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• mike1221
    mike1221
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

same problem here with https://portal.hellobank.at/. I'm using MacOS 10.12 and 1Password 6.5.3. The workaround with manually saving the third password doesn't help. Any other hints?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mike1221: It's splitting hairs (which I don't have) a bit, but I like to make a distinction between creating/editing a login by hand in 1Password and manually saving a login using the browser extension. It sounds like you're doing the former, and that isn't working; but I was able to use the latter method to save and fill a login there. In many cases manually saving a new login for the site will allow 1Password to save additional information from the form to fill better. Just try these steps to save the login manually:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosumbit disabled

Let me know if that helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.