new categories?

hotwheels #22
hotwheels #22
Community Member

hi all,
advance apologies as i have been using 1pass "passively" and would like to now take data and enter it in an organized manner.
i do see various pre-set "categories" for Logins, Financial Information etcetera but i am wondering if i can set up my own sections or "categories" so that i can segregate information in an organized manner.
for instance i had to get a new iPhone and install as a new iPhone with no backup.
is there some way for me to enter a little "cheat sheet" written explanation for what i need to do the next time i have to do this AND is there a way for me to put in a "category" that lists all the APPS and passwords i need to enter in order to get the phone back to where it was? for instance, right now i am manually creating a list of apps that i need to enter passwords for in order to get "synced back up" with all my data and all my various accounts. this is tedious to say the least. is there a method for this?
finally, if i did set up such a list - say for WEBSITES on my computers where i want to change passwords once every 3 months - is there a way to CLICK ON A LINK, be taken to the website for that password, have my information autocomplete for a login - and /then/ CHANGE the password and have it saved in one pass? if not, can you tell me the specific steps i would take to get as close as i could to such a methodology?
THANKS

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hotwheels #22,

i am wondering if i can set up my own sections or "categories" so that i can segregate information in an organized manner.

At this time, the best way to keep your information organized outside of 1Password’s pre-defined categories is to use Secure Notes. We’ve got a blog post that explains a bit more about this:

Secure All the Things in Secure Notes

Essentially, Secure Notes are a blank slate and can be made into any sort of database that you want. You can add custom icons so that the items are easy to find in your list ... it’s pretty nifty!

is there a way to CLICK ON A LINK, be taken to the website for that password, have my information autocomplete for a login - and /then/ CHANGE the password and have it saved in one pass?

1Password does not have an automatic password change feature at this time. But, we do have a Security Audit feature that can help you determine when a password might be due for a change. In the sidebar, below Categories and Tags you’ll find the Security Audit options. You can view weak and duplicate passwords as well as old passwords. When you note a password in need of changing, you can click on the web address in the item to be taken to the page and log in, go to the account page, and use 1Password to generate a fresh new password. We’ve got a video tutorial to help you with this:

How to change your passwords and make them stronger

I hope this helps, but if you have any other questions, we’re here for you!

• hotwheels #22
    hotwheels #22
    Community Member

thanks very much megan

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of megan, you are welcome! Please let us know if we can help with anything else :)

This discussion has been closed.