Line items sync to DropBox, but no English translations.

sjmcken
sjmcken
Community Member

Mac 1PW V 6.3.1 - line items synced to DropBox don't translate to English. Tried to reinstall Safari Extension...installation aborted ???

1Password Version: 6.e.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:Line items sync to DropBox, but no English translations.

Comments

• Hi @sjmcken ,

There is no need to install the Safari extension - it does not handle syncing.

Can you explain a bit more of what you are seeing, and what you expect to happen?

Thanks.

• sjmcken
    sjmcken
    Community Member
    edited June 2016

Hi Kevin,
    I am having multiple issues. This will be tedious to handle via email...but, I sent a longer explanation to the "support@1password.com".
    BitBot assigned an ID "support ID is [#MPN-29557-138]." (The Safari extension reinstall was a "Hail Mary attempt.) Here is a cut and paste of that email:

Dear 1PW,

I started out with a DropBox usage question…and have devolved to a lower level confusion passing through many confusing gates to get nowhere. I really need to speak to a human to short cut this…an email exchange would be excruciating to get me all the way to “home”. I would suspect the answers are easy for you however.

I purchased 1PW from ITunes:
    Order ID: MGSNTF1QV0 8/7/14, $49.99
    Your receipt No.145081184691

I have a Mac Pro, 10.10.5; 1PW Ver 6.3.1; Safari Extension 4.5.6.
    [personal information removed by admin]

I’m not sure what is meant by “Account Key” and I can’t recall that you actually need the "Master Password" if by that you mean my 1PW program data protection password. Is that just used as a “proof of identity”(?), because as I recall, you do not have any access to my actual 1Password data…correct?

I have a sign-on password, but the only place I see to use it is in the forums.
    QUESTIONS (to begin):
    1. Do I have an “account” at 1Password ?…how do I access it and from what URL? (Once I can sign on, my question as to what information is there can be answered naturally.)
    2. My problem was to do with DropBox access. The Mac 1PW and DropBox 1PW folder seem to sync, but the resulting data is not English, just a list of uninterpretable letter and numbers with a “.1password” suffix.
    3. A shared 1PW folder on DropBox cannot be accessed by my “share-ee”…it does not recognize the “Master Password”.
    4. I have now stumbled into the new “.op” format and it appears that I have activated it (somehow)….it appears in Dropbox along with the Agile format (see #2 above). Neither file type has a readable list of contents. The “.op" version is short (17 items vs. approx. 150 in the full set on my Mac) and the entries are all “band_x.js” except for a “profile.js”.

The forum has defeated me. I cannot find what I need.

I need some help please.

Thank you…Sallie McKenna

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sjmcken,

Since you’ve already contacted our support team via email, let’s keep the conversation going directly there. We don’t want to confuse things by having the same conversation in multiple locations. You should get an email from someone on our team answering your questions shortly.

ref: MPN-29557-138

This discussion has been closed.