Support for multiple vault syncing on iCloud

blee4
blee4
Community Member

I was wondering if syncing for multiple vaults on iCloud is on the feature roadmap? I know you can sync with DropBox I'm currently using WiFi syncing to sync multiple vaults.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:undefined, kb-search:secondary vault apple watch

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @blee4,

At this time, iCloud sync is only available for the primary vault. One of the challenges with iCloud sync is that it is not possible to share a vault with others the way you can via Dropbox. Any secondary vaults that you would sync via iCloud would only be available to you. Since one of the main strengths of multiple vaults is allowing selective sharing of information, this makes iCloud sync for secondary vaults slightly less powerful. That doesn’t mean we’re not considering the feature though, I’ll let our team know you’re interested in this!

• ixplorer
    ixplorer
    Community Member

Really that seems pointless as the only use for this i can think of is the one where the user is an admin for Macs - and thats why they are logging into multiple macs with the iCloudID/AppleID. Why make it only two Vaults ? Just use Dropbox and you can sync to as many client vaults as you like - which is what I do.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ixplorer

Sounds like you're enjoying Dropbox sync and its flexibility, that's great news! Everyone has different ideas and scenarios for using 1Password, and we listen to everyone :chuffed: Thank you for letting us know what you think about this, if there's anything else we can do to help you just let us know!

• ixplorer
    ixplorer
    Community Member

I have sold about 200 1Password installs and put it into every client I convert from using conventional archaic systems into cloud based topology and flat structure IT development workflows. Companies love me as I remove the dependency of them on their IT guy that invariably has tried to withhold their knowledge. Use of iCloud in a systems environment to me should be at user level not at a Sysadmin level but as you say everyone does things their own way. Many thanks Pilar.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed. Definitely different scenarios out there. Thanks so much for your feedback on this! :)

This discussion has been closed.