One Password synch with dropbox configured with yubikey

Nicky_Maddison
Nicky_Maddison
Community Member

Hi,
I have a brand new yubikey to setup 2 factor authentication on my Google mail and Dropbox accounts. If I setup the two step authentification on DropBox, will OnePassword be able to access dropbox to store and synch the DB between my devices?
Thank you.
Nicky

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: kb:undefined, kb-search:yubikey

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@Nicky_Maddison 1Password will still be able to sync your information via Dropbox if you enable two-factor authentication. I just tested this myself, and it looks like two-factor authentication only comes into play when someone tries to sign in on Dropbox.com or add a new device; it doesn't affect whether or not something that's already to set up to sync your information is able to continue doing so 8-)

• Nicky_Maddison
    Nicky_Maddison
    Community Member

Hi nmott,
    Thanks a lot for letting me know. I will try it out right now.
    Thanks.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

On behalf on nmott, you're very welcome! If any issue arises or you have further questions about 1Password, please don't hesitate to ask us. We're always glad to help! :)

• melvynadam
    melvynadam
    Community Member
    edited December 2016

Yubico have seven password management tools signed up to work with their YubiKeys and it seems AgileBits isn't one of them. Any plans to add support for a YubiKey to sign into the 1Password app on our desktops?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @melvynadam,

I'm not aware of any current plans for that, but we never say never, and I'd be happy to let our developers know this is something you're interested in. Thanks for taking the time to ask & let us know you'd like that feature! :)

• petegalt
    petegalt
    Community Member

Hi @Drew_AG,

Any update from your product team about plans to support U2F and Yubikey? I was shocked to not see 1P listed on Yubico's site.

Thanks!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @petegalt,

I don't know if this is something our developers are thinking of implementing, but I can let them know you're interested. That doesn't guarantee it will be added of course, but it helps them to know what sort of features our customers are asking about. Thanks for letting us know! :)

• jxc100
    jxc100
    Community Member

I was looking for the same. Seems like a no-brainer.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

The standalone 1Password apps don't have anything to authenticate with, so you'd need to set that up with Dropbox. It's certainly something we're considering for the hosted 1Password.com subscription service, but it's infeasible and irrelevant with local vaults.

This discussion has been closed.