1PasswordAnywhere no longer rendering on dropbox.com preview

ziggurism
ziggurism
Community Member

When I try to preview my 1PasswordAnywhere html file from my dropbox.com file list webpage, it does not render. It was working as recently as a few days or weeks ago. I have tried it with Safari and Firefox on a Mac, as well as chrome and Edge on Windows. I assume something changed with how dropbox.com renders html files.

I know that it's a deprecated feature and we should be on 1Password Teams for web access for now. Which I am, but sometimes I was still using dropbox+1password anywhere because I can't log in to my (expired beta) Teams site without my key.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ziggurism,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this! Unfortunately, 1PasswordAnywhere will no longer work on Dropbox.com, and you can find more information about that here: Moving Beyond 1PasswordAnywhere

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you about that. Hopefully the information in that post is helpful, but if you have more questions about it, please let us know. Cheers! :)

• ziggurism
    ziggurism
    Community Member
    edited June 2016

Hi @Drew_AG. I did a forum search to see if the matter had already been brought up, and for some reason never saw the sticky post at the top. Thanks for pointing me to that document, and sorry for the duplicate post!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

No problem at all! (And no need to apologize!) We're always happy to answer your questions and/or point you in the right direction. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have more questions! :)

• ziggurism
    ziggurism
    Community Member

So as things stand now, I have no way to get into my vault over the web from a Mac without 1Password installed; I can't log in to my Teams account because I haven't memorized my key, and I can't look up the key via dropbox.com + 1PasswordAnywhere, because that feature is no longer functional. Or have I missed something?

• ziggurism
    ziggurism
    Community Member

I was able to access my vault by downloading the synced database (that was tricky to figure out, how to get a download from dropbox.com. Instructions here). Then I disabled local file restrictions in the develop menu, as described by dteare in the other thread.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ziggurism,

I apologize for the frustration here, but it’s great to see that you were able to get access to your vault via the browser!

This discussion has been closed.