Can't find New Vault button on Mac app

philipkd
philipkd
Community Member

The documentation says that you tap on 1Password then New Vault, but I don't see that menu item on my 1 Password 6 Mac app.

1Password Version: 6.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.15
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:Can't find New Vault Button on Mac App

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @philipkd,

I'm sorry you're having trouble creating a new vault!

Are you using a 1Password Teams or 1Password Families account? The documentation you found explains how to create a new local vault (i.e. a vault that is not connected to a Teams/Families account). If you want to create a new vault in a Teams/Families account, that can be done from your account on 1Password.com (as long as you're a Team Admin or Family Organizer). We're working on updating our online documentation about this. I apologize for the confusion!

If I'm wrong and you're not signed into a Teams/Families account in 1Password, or if you have more questions about creating new vaults, please let us know. We're here for you! :)

• philipkd
    philipkd
    Community Member

@Drew_AG that makes sense, yes I'm on 1Password Families.

• philipkd
    philipkd
    Community Member

@Drew_AG This appears to be a related issue, but the docs for 1Password on iOS indicate a Sync button that I can't seem to find. And I don't know how to log out of 1Password for Families on iOS.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @philipkd,

Glad to hear my answer about creating vaults was helpful! :)

...the docs for 1Password on iOS indicate a Sync button that I can't seem to find.

The Sync option only applies to local vaults. If you're signed into a 1Password Families account and don't have any local vaults (i.e. "Families-only mode"), the Sync settings don't appear because you don't need them - there are no sync options that you need to configure. Your data is automatically copied back & forth between your device and our secure server.

And I don't know how to log out of 1Password for Families on iOS.

I'm not sure if I understand - why do you need to sign out of your Families account on your iOS device? Doing so would also remove your Families vaults & data from that device. (I might be misunderstanding what you're asking, though.)

Looking forward to hearing back from you! :)

• philipkd
    philipkd
    Community Member

@Drew_AG Ah, I'm just on the trial for Families, so I'm trying to see if it's better to be on 1Password for Individual and sync w/ Dropbox instead of the Family plan.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @philipkd,

Well, I hope that you’re loving the trial of 1Password Families! If you would like to create a standalone vault in addition to your 1Password Families vaults and have it available on your iOS device, the process is to create the vault on your Mac, then add it to 1Password on iOS:

• Create the vault on your Mac. Since you’re using 1Password with just your Families vaults now, you’ll need to enable the ‘Local vaults’ option in 1Password’s Preferences > Advanced to create the new vault.
    • Sync the vault to Dropbox.
    • In 1Password for iOS, go to Vaults > Sync additional vault and select Dropbox as the sync source. From there, you can select the OPVault file in Dropbox and add your vault.

That should do it! Please let me know if you hit any snags along the way, we’re here to help. :)

• robinpc
    robinpc
    Community Member
    edited November 2016

I have the original issue ... cannot add new local accounts, but unlike the original querant, I have an individual account only, on mac, version 6. It shows a primary and a sync vault, but no others, or ways to add them, How can I add multiple vaults ... no + button is visible ...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@robinpc: I'm not sure that we're talking about the same thing in the first place. Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the exact OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

http://support.1password.com/cs/version/

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you trying to add a 1Password Account for the subscription service, add a vault on 1Password.com, or are you trying to create a new local vault on your Mac? Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.