Upgade options?

Rob_C
Rob_C
Community Member

I originally purchased 1Password several years ago, and have been using it on Windows, OSX and iOS quite successfully. I recently purchased a new Macbook Pro and installed 1Password 6 from the Agilebits website, and discovered this was a Trial version, and I had to install the original App Store version I had purchased. I did so, and it is working fine, however I did read about an upgrade option. I entered my license key into the site at https://agilebits.com/store/upgrade and was presented with:

Great! Your license – a Single License for 1Password for Windows – has 1 possible upgrade.

Product - 1Password - Single License

My question is, what exactly am I upgrading to if I purchase this, and what are the differences between versions. The version I have on my Mac is version 6.3.1 (631005) (Mac App Store).

I'm also considering moving to 1Password for Families, so in this case would there be any reason at all to purchase this single license upgrade?

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Rob_C,

Thanks so much for writing us here with your questions! Excellent questions, and I'm glad you asked.

The upgrade store doesn't know about your Mac App Store purchase (we have no way of accessing that info), so it doesn't know that you essentially already have the single license it's offering. So you definitely don't need to buy that upgrade license.

To clarify, in March we simplified our license model so all you need to buy is one license to use 1Password on each of your desktop and laptop computers, whether they're running OS X or Windows. But you already own the latest versions of 1Password on Mac and Windows, so you're all set there.

But I'm happy to hear that you're considering Families as well! There's a nice comparison of features on our pricing page here. Families makes syncing and sharing your data easier, and also includes web access to your vaults, and all the client apps on all platforms, including Pro Features on mobile, as well as free upgrades.

It's completely free to sign up for a Families account and kick the tires for 30 days, so go ahead and give it a whirl if you'd like! It integrates right into 1Password 6 for Mac, iOS and Android; and our new Windows app is currently in public beta, with support for Families.

I hope this helps, but feel free to let us know if you have any other questions. We're here for you. :)

• Rob_C
    Rob_C
    Community Member

Thanks for the clarification, Vee!

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

You're most welcome! Always happy to help, @Rob_C! :)

This discussion has been closed.