After update and relaunch, I have the same version installed.

bigpawed
bigpawed
Community Member

I have 6.2.1. When I use the update function, which offers to install 6.3.1, it downloads and relaunches, but 6.2.1 is still what I've got. This issue of not updating has been going on for several updates. The only way I've found to upgrade is to manually download from the website and replace the existing app.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:After downloading update, 6.3.1 does not install over 6.2.1

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bigpawed,

I'm sorry you're having a problem installing updates! That's a very strange problem and I don't believe I've heard of something like that before. Downloading the app from our site is a good workaround, but we'd certainly like to help solve the problem with the in-app updater.

Just to make sure I understand, once the updater finishes and re-launches 1Password, do you immediately go to 1Password > About 1Password to check the version number? If you're doing something else to check the version number (or doing it at another time), I'd suspect that maybe you had multiple copies of the app on your Mac, and the one you normally open (version 6.2.1) is not the one that gets updated.

On the other hand, if you check 1Password > About 1Password as soon as the update completes and relaunches the app, but it still shows the older version, it sounds like something very strange is happening. If you haven't already done so, please reboot your Mac, then open 1Password and go to 1Password > Check for Updates to try again. Does that make any difference?

If it's still a problem, we'll need to have you send us a diagnostics report - but we'll need you to reproduce the problem first. Have you already downloaded 6.3.1 from our download site and replaced the older version? If so, you'll need to wait until the next update so you can reproduce the issue and then generate the report. Or if you still have 6.2.1 on your Mac right now, please try the update again, confirm that it's still 6.2.1 after it completes, and then follow the steps here to create the report: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and make sure you receive a reply as quickly as possible. Once we see the report, we'll take a look to see if we can figure out what's going wrong. Thanks in advance! :)

• bigpawed
    bigpawed
    Community Member

The support ID number is [#UZJ-58118-761].

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for sending that, @bigpawed! One of our lovely support team members will take a look at the report and get back to you ASAP. :+1:
    ref: UZJ-58118-761

This discussion has been closed.