Restore From System Backup

merickson
merickson
Community Member

I am trying to restore from backup (after system failure) but the file I chose (from latest backup 6/4) is not allowing me to enter, but I CERTAIN password is correct. What to do? For some reason, the file I have been sync'ing to Dropbox is OLD

1Password Version: 6.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:restore osx

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @merickson,

Sorry to hear about the system failure on your Mac!

Can you please elaborate on the steps you took to restore 1Password? Did you restore your entire Mac from a backup, or did you retrieve a copy of just your 1Password backup files? In what exact location did you find the 1Password backup files that you're trying to use to restore your data?

If I understand, it sounds like you installed the 1Password app on a new system and chose data from Dropbox during the initial setup process. But that data turned out to be old, so you found 1Password backup files to try restoring from those instead. Is that correct? If not, please walk us through what you've done & tried so we have a better understanding of the current setup.

Also, do you have your 1Password data on any other devices? If so, what device(s) and what version(s) of 1Password? Is your 1Password data up to date on those devices?

Thanks in advance! :)

• merickson
    merickson
    Community Member

I have a copy of my users folder which contains my Dropbox directory. In there I have what should be my latest 1Password (from last weekend before machine died). I am trying to use this file from the startup interface in 1P as if I were a new user (select from from another directory)

• merickson
    merickson
    Community Member

I am using 1P6 (just downloaded). Also, in a separate email on same subject (sent to support@agile...) with a copy of the file that I believe is the latest possible to import

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @merickson,

I was able to find the email you sent. I'll update the email thread with details from this forum discussion so it's easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible with more information, and we'll keep the conversation going directly via email so we don't duplicate efforts or cause confusion between here and there. Cheers!

ref: LID-51816-943

• merickson
    merickson
    Community Member

Thank you for your time, greatly appreciated Kind of stuck here now :-(

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome! I know it's a frustrating situation, but you should be hearing back from someone here as soon as possible, and we'll do our best to help you get this all sorted out. :)

This discussion has been closed.