Setting up Families account on Android

dhray
dhray
Community Member
edited June 2016 in Android

I am trying to follow the tutorial to sync the mac app with the android app on my phone. The app is working on my mac, but I am unable to set it up on android because the Preferences menu on my mac app doesn't have the Sync tab that is shown in the tutorial here (https://support.1password.com/guides/mac/sync-dropbox.html). I think the documentation might be out of date - appreciate your help! I am using a family account.

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6.90
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rogerdodger
    rogerdodger
    Community Member

Hi @dhray,

The Family account does not use Dropbox to sync because sync is already setup with your account! This is one of the primary advantages of using the Family account.

Follow the instructions here to setup Family on all of your accounts:
    https://support.1password.com/teams-families-setup/

• dhray
    dhray
    Community Member

Thanks @rogerdodger, even when I follow those instructions, I can't get past the screen in the app to get to the settings.

The android app starts with the quick tour: The basics, then quick tour: accounts, and then I have the option of either (creating my first vault) or (already have 1password data somewhere else?). That's all I can do. The second option takes me to the screen where I can sync etc, which you've mentioned is not part of the family account.

Am I supposed to create another new vault?

• rogerdodger
    rogerdodger
    Community Member

Hey @dray,

I will admit that I am not familiar with the Android app at all.

Can you exit the setup section and then click on Settings to access the instructions in the Setup guide?

If not then go ahead and create a vault so you can get past that part of the process and then click on Settings.

I am flying totally blind here but it sounds like there is something unclear in the setup process of the Android app regarding a Family account.

• dhray
    dhray
    Community Member

Ur right! I created a vault and then found the settings! Docs should add that step!
    Thanks @rogerdodger

• rogerdodger
    rogerdodger
    Community Member

Awesome sauce @dhray!

My suspicion is that since the Family and Teams accounts are such a new product the developers haven't gotten around to updating the setup on Andriod.

Happy passwording!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dhray,

I'm very happy to see rogerdodger was able to help you with this! Just in case you have more questions about using your Families account in 1Password for Android, I've moved your discussion to our Android forum.

We're here for you if you need anything else! :)

This discussion has been closed.