One of my devices does not sync via iCloud

profwatkins
profwatkins
Community Member

I have a sync problem
I run two Apple Computers an iMac and Mac Mini both on OS X EL Capitan 10.11.5
I run 3 Apple devices (IPad Mini; IPhone 6 and Ipad 2) all three on IOS 9.3.2
I sync via iCloud with 1Password with Pro Features
All my devices reflect I have 137 files on 1Password except the Mac Mini, which reflect I only have 99 files
In spite of showing that the files update via iCloud when syncing, certain files only available on the Pro version of 1Password does not reflect on the Mac Mini
Is there any other option to sync to bring my Mac Mini in line than to sync via Dropbox.
Please help
Thank you
Prof Watkins

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• profwatkins
    profwatkins
    Community Member

Negated to advise that I use 1Password Version 6.3.1

• Hi @profwatkins ,

They should all show the same items. One thing that comes to mind is if the Mac mini is signed in with a different AppleID, then that would explain the issue. Can you check that to make sure the AppleID is the same as on your other devices.

If that checks out, I'd like you to try a little test. On the Mac mini, make a small change to one of the item. It can be as simple as adding some text to a note field. Then, wait a minute for it to sync, and then go to the same item on another Mac. Wait a minute for it to sync, and check to see if the change you made appears on the other Mac.

If it does appear, please let us know.

If it does not appear, then it seems like sync is failing on the Mac mini. In that case, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac mini:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Regards,
    Kevin

• profwatkins
    profwatkins
    Community Member

Kevin,
    Thank you. I wish to report as follows:
    The same Apple ID is used for all my devices
    If I make a small change on the Mac mini data, it does not appear on any other devise
    If I make a small change on the iMac data, it appears on all other devices except on the Mac Mini
    Please advise on HOW to generate the diagnostics report you require
    Also, I have NOT received any Support ID number from BitBot assistant
    Prof Watkins

• profwatkins
    profwatkins
    Community Member

Dear Kevin
    PROBLEM SOLVED
    Do the following:
    1 Open 1Password
    2 Preferences
    3 Sync
    4 Toggle sync Primary vault with iCloud to NONE
    5 Toggle sync Primary vault with iCloud to** ICLOUD** again
    All files updated immediately. Changes on Mac Mini appear on all other devices and vice versa

Thank you

Prof Watkins

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@profwatkins I'm glad to hear that everything is now working as expected! Please let us know if we can help with anything else in the future :)

• profwatkins
    profwatkins
    Community Member

Thank you.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.