How can I create a smart filter that would ...

iwonder3
iwonder3
Community Member
edited June 2016 in Mac

Show me all passwords with label "abc" that are older then 1 year?

1Password
Version 6.3.1 (631005)
Mac App Store

Comments

• rogerdodger
    rogerdodger
    Community Member

Hey lwonder3,

Just to clarify: by 'label' are you referring to 'Tags'?

In 1Password click on the Edit menu on the toolbar and select Find then Show Search Options.

This then gives you additional parameters to filter by including Tag and Date Modified, etc. Clicking on the Plus(+) symbol to the right allows you to chain multiple parameters together.

I have attached a screenshot of how you might want to set up your parameters to get the result you are looking for.

https://us.v-cdn.net/5020219/uploads/editor/qq/wa0agtiev2u1.png

• iwonder3
    iwonder3
    Community Member

Great. Thanks. How can I permanently save it please?

• iwonder3
    iwonder3
    Community Member

Very confused here.

I have 2 smart folders

1. Folder A - tag is ABC
    2. Folder B - tag is ABD && Date Modified is greater then 6/11/2015

Folder A and Folder B shows the same contents even though some passwords were changed today. Why is that?

This is very confusing. I tried "Updated days ago" and a few others.

All I want to do is find passwords that have NOT been updated for over 6 months. Please let me know

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited June 2016

@iwonder3:

If you click on the Save button the search is saved as a smart folder which you will see in your 1Password sidebar.

Edit: I answered this post and then discovered you'd started another thread on a similar issue. I've merged the two which makes support easier and also makes it easier for you to find the answers you need.

Stephen

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

All I want to do is find passwords that have NOT been updated for over 6 months.

There's a much easier way to do that.

1. Make sure you are showing the Security Audit in the sidebar.
    2. Choose 6-12 months old.

That will display for you your items sorted by password age. If you click on the arrow to the right of ...items sorted by password age you can change between Oldest to Most Recent and Most Recent to Oldest.

Stephen

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@iWonder3 Stephen_C's suggestion of using the Security Audit in the sidebar is right on. This will show you the dates you're looking for, and give you access to other information besides. I hope that's able to get you everything you need :)

This discussion has been closed.