Confused!

Seansduck
Seansduck
Community Member

I started a free trial of 1password on IOS for the family plan on accident, and I only wanted a single user account. Then I purchased the app through the app store for my phone, iPad, iMac, and Macbook Pro. What do I do to ensure that I remain on the single user plan, and not the family plan. Furthermore, what implications does this have on my login entries that I've already created under my personal vault file vs the primary vault?

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: ICLOUD

Comments

• Hi @Seansduck ,

If you wish to continue to use the single user license (i.e. not on a Families account), then all you need to do is move your items from your Personal and Shared vaults into the Primary vault. To so this, go to your Personal vault, select the items in the list, and choose Share > Primary > Move from the Items menu. Then repeat for the "Shared" vault. Once they have all been moved, you can open the 1Password preferences, click on Accounts, and click Sign Out to remove your 1Password Families trial account.

FYI, your account will still be reserved for you, should your change your mind in the future. Just keep hold of the Emergency Kit that you downloaded when setting up the account, and make sure you remember the master password for that account (or print out your Emergency Kit and write it down in the space provided, and store it in a secure location).

If you have any questions or need assistance with that, please let us know.

Regards,
    Kevin

• Seansduck
    Seansduck
    Community Member

Thank you for the swift and detailed reply! I have one last question. When I let the family trial subscription expire, how do I access my passwords remotely in case of emergency when I'm not around my personal electronic devices, or my phone dies? If I'm around any PC can I access my information from a central location if needed?

• Hi @Seansduck ,

Remote access is one of the advantages of Families accounts. With a Family account, you are syncing your data with AgileBits' servers so we've build secure web access into our servers so you can log in from anywhere as long as you have your password and account key.

But without an account though we can not serve data we do not have. If you synced your data through Dropbox, and were without your devices, you could install 1Password and Dropbox on any PC and then access your data, but it wouldn't be a simple web login. Also, we strongly recommend that you trust the owner of any PC that you would set it up on. That advice goes for web logins with Family accounts too.

Regards,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.