I want some help. I cannot add my extension to Safari. It gives error. I have tried rebooting sad

Pandatol
Pandatol
Community Member

Your help section is too confusing. I have 1Password 6.3.1 on Mac10.10.5 but cannot add your extension. I have downloaded 1Password-4.5.6.safariextz but it only gives me an error. I have tried rebooting safari but no good. What do I do now please?

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6.safariextz
OS Version: Mac10.10.5
Sync Type: Don't know
Referrer: forum-search:I am having awful trouble. Your help section is too confusing. I cannot use 1password.

Comments

• Pandatol
    Pandatol
    Community Member

I find the guide for 1password very difficult to follow. and the help section very confusing. I'm sure it is a good program but I've never had so much difficulty learning a new program. I have had it for about 6 months and still am not using it properly. I would like to be able to change my passwords as you advertise and use secure digits.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Pandatol,

I'm sorry to hear about the frustration here. Can you tell me what error you're seeing? That will help us figure out what the problem is.

Just in case, I want to make sure you're seeing an error rather than Safari's warning about installing an extension from outside of its Extensions Gallery. If that's the case, all you have to do is tell Safari that it's OK and that you trust AgileBits to deliver a 1Password extension outside of the gallery. Once you do that, the 1Password extension should be installed in Safari without a problem :)

• Pandatol
    Pandatol
    Community Member

Yes, I get a message saying 'Safari can't instal this extension' followed by an 'An error occurred while installing the extension “1Password” message.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@Pandatol have you tried installing the 1Password extension from Safari's Extensions Gallery? You can do so by going to Safari > Preferences > Extensions > Get Extensions. 1Password should be one of the first options in the carousel at the top. If it's not, you can find it by searching for 1Password in the Extensions Gallery. Once you've found it, are you able to install it from there?

• Pandatol
    Pandatol
    Community Member

Thank you nmott. It seems I have the extension installed already. Under extension it says '1password 4.5.6'. I did not know about this.

So how can I change a password already installed in a website? I mean I can change the password in the 1password program in the computer, but then how should I change the password in the website? Should i just do this manually?

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@pandatol yes, you must change the password used by the website manually. 1Password just stores the information; it can't tell the website that you've decided to change the credentials used to sign on. So the order would go 1) change information on the website 2) add the updated information to 1Password.

• Pandatol
    Pandatol
    Community Member

OK, many thanks nmott, I'll give that a try. pandatol

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of nmott, you're very welcome! If you need more help with that or anything else, just let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.