Google Chrome Extension not loading 4.5.6.90 1password v.6.3.1

juanMar
juanMar
Community Member

The 1password extension is not working properly. I noticed first with chrome, it just simply does not get loaded. Although the mini 1password on the top bar on the Mac says that 1password has been started (may not be the exact same words, I have the spanish translation). I click the button "used it on google chrome" but nothing happens. When I click again the extension button it seems that nothing happen. I tried in safari (couldn't install the extension) and firefox (similar behaviour) that is why I think it is related the 1password app. I also tried to restart the computer. Nothing else is going wrong in the computer. I tried to uninstall the extension and to install the beta but no luck. Any suggestions?

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6.90
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @juanMar,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the 1Password extension! That's an odd problem, but we'll help to solve this one way or another.

To start, can you please check the following setting:

• Open the main 1Password app and go to the menu for 1Password > Preferences.
    • Click the General tab.
    • Make sure the option for "Always keep 1Password Mini running" is enabled.

If that option was disabled, please turn it on. If it was already on, try restarting 1Password mini to see if that makes any difference: From the main 1Password app, go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini. Once you do that, try the 1Password extension in Chrome again. Does the same problem happen?

If it still doesn't work, we'll need to know a few more details:

• Are you using the AgileBits Store version or the Mac App Store version of 1Password?
    • What exact version of Chrome are you using?
    • Do you see the 1Password extension icon in the toolbar of Chrome?
    • You said nothing happens when you click the 1Password extension icon in Chrome's toolbar - do you mean you don't see any window open when you click on it? Does anything happen at all?
    • If you receive any error messages, what exactly do they say?
    • What happens when you try to install the 1Password extension in Safari and Firefox?
    • If you open a website where you have an account, and then you click on the 1Password mini icon in your Mac's menubar, does it suggest your Login item for that site?

Thanks in advance! :)

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member
    edited June 2016

Hi @juanMar
    Sorry to hear that you're having problems with the Chrome plugin.
    I've had similar problems. 1Password sometimes doesn't load with Chrome Canary either.
    However, if I open Chrome's extensions window, I can see that it is 'Deactivated'. When I click on activate, everything works fine again. Give it a try, it might work for you too.
    Cheers,
    Rob

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for providing another possible solution to the problem, rjh!

@juanMar please let us know if either that or Drew_AG's solution gets you back up and running :)

• JuanMart
    JuanMart
    Community Member

Hi all, I'am @juanMar I had to create another account because I forget the email and password of the password. Sorry for the confusion. I tried both @rjh and @Drew_AG solutions but no improvement. So here I have more details, I hope it can help, but I think a solution could be to downgrade my current version of 1password, do you know if that is possible?.

• Are you using the AgileBits Store version or the Mac App Store version of 1Password?
      AgileBits Store version

• What exact version of Chrome are you using?
      Version 51.0.2704.84 (64-bit)

• Do you see the 1Password extension icon in the toolbar of Chrome?
      Yes, I can see it

• You said nothing happens when you click the 1Password extension icon in Chrome's toolbar - do you mean you don't see any window open when you click on it? Does anything happen at all?
      A new tab is open it this URL https://agilebits.com/browsers/welcome.html. I can see some process going on in the computer. I see the 1password app opening and the closing( the app name at the top bar of the computer changes). But I cannot see the lock vault when I click on the google extension like I do when I click on the 1password mini icon.

• If you receive any error messages, what exactly do they say?
      No error mesages, just a message from 1password mini telling me that 1Password mini is running and I must keep it that way to use the chrome extension and the button to use it on google chrome

• What happens when you try to install the 1Password extension in Safari and Firefox?
      The Safari error says that Safari cannot install this extension. An error has occur while trying to install "1password". (Spanish-English translation).With Firefox the error is similar. A messages from firefox comes to choose the app that will open the link ( I selected 1password) but now 1password mini message has the firefox icon and the button says Use it on Firefox.

• If you open a website where you have an account, and then you click on the 1Password mini icon in your Mac's menubar, does it suggest your Login item for that site?
      I tried with gmail and no, that behaviour does not happen. I only get the following options:

• Add chrome extension
      • Search 1password
      • Password generator
      • The different kinds of password: Identity, Secure notes, etc.
  • Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JuanMart / @juanMar,

Thank you for those details! It sounds like something might be preventing the 1Password extension from connecting to 1Password mini. I think the best way for us to figure out what might be causing that is to have you create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and make sure you receive a reply as quickly as possible. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance! :)

• JuanMart
    JuanMart
    Community Member

Hi @Drew_AG ,
    I did as you said in the last post and I sent to support+forum@agilebits.com an email with the Diagnostics Report.
    The Support ID number is [#RAX-79573-388]

Thank you for your time and help!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @JuanMart! We received your report, and I'll update the email thread with details from this forum discussion so it's easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible with more information, and we'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there.

ref: RAX-79573-388

• JuanMart
    JuanMart
    Community Member

Excellent, @Drew_AG thank you for the quick response and for thanking care of this.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome! Hopefully we'll be able to figure out & solve this problem quickly. :)

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@JasonDeFuria good thinking! We'll keep that in mind when we take a look at Juan's Diagnostics Report :chuffed:

• JuanMart
    JuanMart
    Community Member

Problem solved!! :) Thanks to the support team. Related to what @JasonDeFuria said. I installed sophos couple days ago. Here is the solution to solve it if someone is having a similar issue. https://support.1password.com/configure-sophos/

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JuanMart,

On behalf of nmott and everyone else who chimed in to get this sorted out, you're welcome! Please let us know if there's anything else that we can help you with! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.