Right clicking on logins doesn't bring up 1Password any more

bgmojohands
bgmojohands
Community Member

When I try to login to accounts that I've set up with 1passwords, the password doesn't appear when I right click. I recently had my El Capitan operating system re-installed. How do I make it work again? Thank you! Brian Gross

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6.90
OS Version: El Capitan
Sync Type: wifi
Referrer: forum-search:When I try to login to accounts that I've set up with 1passwords, the password doesn't appear when I right click. I recently had my El Capitan operating system re-installed. How do I make it work again? Thank you! Brian Gross

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bgmojohands,

I'm sorry you're having a bit of trouble with 1Password after reinstalling El Capitan!

To make sure I understand, do you mean you're having trouble having 1Password fill your login information on a website? If so, we'll just need to know a few more details:

• Is this a problem for all websites & Login items, or just one/some?
    • Are you right-clicking somewhere in a web browser, or in the 1Password app, or somewhere else?
    • What exactly are you right-clicking on, and what did you used to see when you did that?
    • If the problem is happening a web browser, what browser are you using and what exact version?
    • Do you see the 1Password extension icon in your browser's toolbar?
    • Do you see the 1Password mini icon in your Mac's menubar at the very top of the screen?
    • If you launch the main 1Password app, does it seem to be working correctly? Do you see all your data there?
    • What happens if you click on the URL field of a Login item in the main 1Password app?
    • If you open a website where you have an account, what do you see if you click on the 1Password extension in your browser's toolbar? Does it open a small window and suggest your Login item for that site?

Thanks in advance! :)

• bgmojohands
    bgmojohands
    Community Member

Thanks Drew,

It's working again! Rebooting may have fixed it.

Brian

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi Brian (@bgmojohands),

I'm glad to hear it's now working properly! On behalf of Drew, you're very welcome. It's amazing to see how often computer issues are solved by turning something off and back on.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else that we can help you with! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.