Slow unlock issues -- more info for you

bulbuls
bulbuls
Community Member

I was experiencing the extremely long delays when trying to unlock 1P mini. one thing I noticed before trying your work-around, was that 1P Mini was using 3.7+GB of memory. that's a bit extreme for a password utility isn't it? ;)

I also believe that 1P Mini was causing my whole system to slow down. response-to-click times on many apps have been terrible for the last week or so. obviously, these issues might not be connected, but...

cheers.

1Password Version: 6.3 (630031)
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: 10.11.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @bulbuls,

Are you still seeing this with 1Password 6.3 and 6.3.1? 6.3 should have resolved the memory growth and slow unlock issues.

Rudy

• bulbuls
    bulbuls
    Community Member

It was 6.3.

I rebooted my Mac this morning. I'll post a note in a few days to report if there has been any improvement.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bulbuls ,

Hopefully you'll find that the issue has been resolved! But please do let us know if you're still experiencing the bug, we'd love to make certain that it's squashed for good. :)

• bulbuls
    bulbuls
    Community Member

so far, it's sitting on 53MB :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

That's good news! If that changes and you see the problem happen again, please let us know and we'll take a further look into this. :)

• beirne
    beirne
    Community Member

I'm still having slow unlocks, even after restarting 1Password and mini. It's been happening for a long time. I'm currently on 1Password 6
    Version 6.5.BETA-20 (650020) AgileBits Beta, and my Mac is running the Sierra 10.12.1 beta. It was slow before the beta but I was being patient. In general the unlocks have been slower since I switched to opvault.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @beirne

Thank you for giving us some more information :chuffed: Is there any difference between whether you open the main app or mini? Are there some things that you might have noticed influence whether it's slower? If you're up for it, you could try trashing 1Password and installing it again.

Please let us know if you try this and what if it helps :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.