Amazon login not syncing to iphone

gogogut
gogogut
Community Member

I use 1Password for all of my logins. They all seem to work perfectly except Amazon. For some reason, the password on 1Password on my Mac is not the same as the password on 1Password on my phone. How is that possible? I thought everything was synced through Dropbox, so how can one be different? I could manually update the one on my phone, but I wonder if this is a symptom of something bigger. Please advise. Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@gogogut I'm glad that most of these work perfectly, and I'm sorry to hear that the Amazon item doesn't appear to be syncing properly.

Have you tried to recreate the Amazon item? If not, do you mind doing that so we can see if that new item syncs without error? That will help us figure out what's happening -- or potentially solve the problem on its own, assuming everything then works as anticipated :)

• gogogut
    gogogut
    Community Member

So how should I go about this? Delete the login from 1Password on my mac, sync, and then re-add it? But the incorrect password is on my phone. So should I do everything there?

• rogerdodger
    rogerdodger
    Community Member

Hey @gogogut,

To create a new version of the login go into 1Password and Edit the existing one and just change the name of the login by adding "old" or something to the end of it.

Then follow this guide on how to manually create a new login:
    https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/

It will probably be best to do this on the Mac version since it can be a little easier to use. If everything works correctly then they should sync to the phone.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@gogogut: @rogerdodger has hit the nail on the head. Let us know how it goes! :)

• gogogut
    gogogut
    Community Member

Thanks. I didn't even have to do all that. After labeling my Amazon login as OLD, it synced correctly. So I just changed the name back to no longer have OLD and it worked fine. I wonder if the issue is that I have 2 Amazon logins. But why would it sink the wrong password Weird.
    Thanks for your help!

• rogerdodger
    rogerdodger
    Community Member

Hi @gogout,

Glad to hear everything got worked out!

I have multiple Amazon account and have not had any issues with them syncing up. One thing I do to them is put the username in the name of the Login as well as Amazon to help differentiate between them.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gogogut,

I'm glad to hear it's all been resolved now! Please don't hesitate to ask if there's anything else that we can help you with, we're always here for you :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.