Can you give someone access to your account automatically if you do not access it for more than 4 wk

Options
bryanb
bryanb
Community Member

Can you give someone access to your account automatically if you do not access it for more than 4 weeks. I may be confused but one of the benefits of the family account was that if you died you would be able to make sure someone else could get to your passwords through your account. I haven't been able to find this, but I have been putting off getting this all set up as well. So I may have missed it.

1Password Version: 6.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:is there a feature that will give someone else access to my account after lapse in activity

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @bryanb,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

There is no method of granting someone access to your account automatically after a certain time period, no. But what you can do is leave a copy of your emergency kit with your will, such that your executor will be able to access (or distribute access) as appropriate.

There has been a fair bit of discussion on this subject, and how it might best be handled, here:

Preparing for the inevitable: a specific vault for executors/successor trustees - AgileBits Support Forum

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.