1 password stuck on pause

Rene_Wegman
Rene_Wegman
Community Member

launch pad had a progress bar showing the last few days , contacted apple to resolve this but when opening launch pad it shows 1 password on pause and barely visible , this of course is affecting the launch pad on the dock showing the progress bar . Apple store updates shows that it was updated may 26 / 2016 version 6.3 . why is the icon in launch pad barely visible and stuck on pause ?
Regards,
Rene

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1 password stuck on pause when opening lauch pad on my iMac and is barely visible ,

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Rene_Wegman,

Thanks for writing us for help! I don't think I've heard of this particular issue before, and at this point I don't know if it's an issue with Launchpad, the Mac App Store, or 1Password, but we'll be happy to take a look and see what we can do.

You mentioned problems with the Launchpad icon in your Dock as well as a problem with the 1Password icon within Launchpad. Are you having any trouble with the 1Password app itself? Please go to the Applications folder on your Mac and find the 1Password.app file in there - does it look normal? If you double-click on that, does it successfully launch the 1Password app, and are you able to unlock it and see all your data?

If the 1Password app is working, then it sounds like the problem is with Launchpad or the Mac App Store (as it sounds like you installed 1Password from there). If you launch the Mac App Store and go to the Updates section, does it show a 1Password update waiting to be installed? If so, are you able to click a button to install that update? The latest update for 1Password is version 6.3.1, so if you haven't already installed that update, try installing it to see how it goes.

Thanks, and looking forward to hearing back from you! :)

• aldearle
    aldearle
    Community Member

I am having the same problem - just says Paused on the launchpad.
    Thanks.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @aldearle,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help! To make sure I understand, do you mean when you open Launchpad on your Mac, the 1Password app specifically shows that it is paused? If so, my first guess is that it was somehow paused during the installation. Can you click on the 1Password icon in Launchpad to see if it un-pauses?

If that doesn't help, please take a look at my previous response in this thread, as it contains several questions & suggestions. Try those to see if anything helps, and if not, let us know the answers to those questions and that should give us a better idea of what's happening. Thanks in advance! :)

• aldearle
    aldearle
    Community Member

Yes launchpad on Mac says "Paused" with a bar across it and the icon is greyed out. This persists across restarts. The application can be launched normally by double clicking its icon the the Applications folder but cannot be launched from the launchpad. The application runs normally as far as I can tell. No other applications are exhibiting this behaviour. The version I am running is 1Password Version 6.3.3 (633000) Mac App Store. I have no idea if this is the correct version. I have looked at your previous responses none of these seem to fit with this. Clicking the icon on launchpad does nothing. I hope this helps you and me!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @aldearle,

Thanks for checking! Yes, 6.3.3 is the latest version available from the Mac App Store, so you have the correct one installed. If the 1Password app is working correctly when you open it from Applications, but you're unable to open it from Launchpad, it sounds like there's a problem with Launchpad, as it doesn't seem to recognize that 1Password is installed and working.

I did a Google search for "mac launchpad paused" and it looks like this is an issue that can happen in Launchpad for other apps too, so it's not specific to 1Password. Since I'm not having this problem on my own Mac, I wasn't able to try any of the suggestions I found from the search results. However, you might want to try simply deleting 1Password from Launchpad and then reinstalling it from the Mac App Store. Just open Launchpad, hold down the 'option' key on your keyboard, and click the 'x' button on the 1Password icon. That will delete the app file (but your data will be safe). Then try reinstalling 1Password from the Purchased section of the Mac App Store.

Let us know how it goes, thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.