Mac computer- I get an error message "A server with the specified hostname couldnot be found" ?

jrmercy
jrmercy
Community Member

I downloaded everything and entering username, the key code, password and then hit sign in and I get the above error message. So what am I doing wrong or didn't do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Mac computer- I get an error message "A server with the specified hostname couldnot be found" ?

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jrmercy,

Sorry to hear you've run into this error, and thanks for reaching out to us here in the support forums about it!

This isn't an error I've heard about much, so I searched our forum and found this thread. The first suggestion given was restarting the Mac, so please give that a try and let us know if it helps.

I will note though, that the only other posts I found with this error message were related to app updates, and you didn't mention updates in your post, so this may or may not be related.

If restarting the Mac doesn't help, please also let us know what version of 1Password you're using, what version of OS X your computer is running, and whether you have a Families or Teams account. I assume you do have one or the other because otherwise you wouldn't be entering "username, the key code, password" as you mentioned, but a little more clarity never hurts when troubleshooting. ;)

I look forward to hearing back from you. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.