1Password not saving new logins

Vee_AG
Vee_AG
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: How do I (really) access the password history from the password generator.

Comments

• jillH
    jillH
    Community Member

I am juuuuussssst about to stop using 1Password because of this issue. I can't count how many times and how much time I've wasted searching for the last password generated, because 1Password doesn't ask to save it. And yes, I have that box checked in Preferences under browsers. To make matters worse, you seem to be moving the place to find the last password generated around so that I have to go to a forum and research the whole process EVERY TIME!!! Can you tell this is a rant???? This is ridiculous. As I search for an answer, I read all these things about how it is a bug and it will be fixed, etc. It has continued for years this way!!! I go to passwords today, search for the password last generated for the site, but it doesn't locate any. Guess what? I just signed up for an Agile bits account and password and IT DID NOT save it either. I'm not searching any longer. :'( I'm done.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jillH,

I can see that you're frustrated, and you're ready to give up on 1Password. And I want to sincerely apologize for the confusion and irritation that this issue has caused you. But you did take the time to post here in our support forums about it, so I'm hoping that means you're still open to our help. If you'll bear with us a bit, we'd like to get a better understanding of what exactly you're experiencing and do our best to help you solve it. ❤️

I have split your comment from the other thread because each person's experience tends to be unique and I don't want to make any assumptions about your experience based on previous comments by other users.

And yes, I have that box checked in Preferences under browsers.

I take that to mean you have "Detect new usernames and passwords and offer to save them" checked. Can you please also confirm for me that you have “Always keep 1Password mini running” checked in the Preferences > General tab?

If that's checked too, then I think we'd benefit from having a look at a Diagnostics Report, which will help us more easily determine if something's wrong with 1Password on your computer. Here's how to create and send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Please attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com and include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that you get the help you need quickly. Once we see the report, we should be able to better assist you, and then we can continue the conversation via email.

Thanks in advance, and we look forward to helping you get 1Password working properly. :)

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.