How to prevent unresponsiveness without restarting my Mac?

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

The Safari extension beachballs for 5-10 seconds after entering my password. This goes away after restarting my Mac. How can I troubleshoot this?

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: 10.11.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:safari extension unresponsive

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @fschroiff,

I would recommend updating to 1Password 6.3.1. We believe we corrected a number of performance related bugs in 6.3 that should take care of this and if you're still seeing the same issue in 6.3.1 we would definitely want to hear from you.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables I do not see any available updates in the App Store.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@fschroiff sometimes it takes a while for updates to make their way around the Mac App Store, but it should definitely be available by now. If you search for 1Password in the Mac App Store and view its page, what version is listed? It should appear in the Information section on the far right of the screen.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Huh, the App store does not show any updates available, but the version listed is 6.3.1, mine is definitely 6.2.1. Do I need to delete and reinstall?

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@fschroiff that's strange! I would create a backup first (Preferences > Backup > Backup Now) and make sure you don't use an app deletion tool; just delete it from Launchpad or by dragging the 1Password icon from the Applications folder to the Trash. Then yes, I would reinstall it. Once that's done and you're set back up, let us know if the performance issue persists!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Seems to work better now that I have 6.3.1 installed.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

I'm glad to hear that! Please let us know if the problem reoccurs, or if there's anything else we can help with :)

This discussion has been closed.