I was asked to delete 1password and download again from app store. App store wants me to buy it agin

charlottemillar
charlottemillar
Community Member

I tried to open 1password and a comment box popped up asking me to delete it and then download it again from the app store. I did this but I can't see how to download it again from app store - it asks me to buy it again. I don't want to buy it again as I have already paid for it.

Thanks for help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX El Capitan, version 10.11.15
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:lost 1password

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

Hi @charlottemillar, I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this problem!

AgileBits is unable to look up purchases made in the Mac App Store -- everything is handled on Apple's end. That being said, I know that the biggest cause of this problem is that someone purchased an app using one Apple ID and then at some point switched to a different one. Is that the case for you? If not, when you go to Mac App Store > Purchased and look for 1Password, does it appear there with an Install button?

• charlottemillar
    charlottemillar
    Community Member

Thanks! I've done that and have downloaded 1password but I now can't open it. It is there in my applications but doesn't respond when I click "open". Any help would be great as I can't open accounts, cos I've lost my passwords. Thanks for help. Charlotte

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@charlottemillar does the app respond if you click on its icon from Launchpad (which you can get to using a trackpad gesture or by clicking the Launchpad icon in the dock) or launch it by using Spotlight (clicking the magnifying glass in the top-right corner of your screen and searching for 1Password) instead of clicking Open in the Mac App Store?

• charlottemillar
    charlottemillar
    Community Member

Hi - I'm back in business! I don't think it had fully downloaded but it was in my applications, just kind of "empty". Looks like it might work now! Thanks for your help

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

It was my pleasure! Let us know if we can help with anything else :)

This discussion has been closed.