1Password Login Not Syncing from Mac Application to 1Password Mini

Sharpclaw
Sharpclaw
Community Member
edited June 2016 in Mac

I really like -- and heavily depend upon -- 1Password. :-) I recommend it to others who need to improve their password management, and know my password habits would be worse without it. So, thank you for this application.

Okay, gushing out of the way. I do have a problem.

With the last update -- 1Password v. 6.3.1 -- on June 6, I received a weird message that I did not fully see; it said something about 1Password and 1Password Mini not synching.

That seems to be true, for I have since created a login in the 1Password Mac application, and that login does not appear in 1Password Mini or the Safari extension. I checked and it does appear in 1Password for Mac (where I created it) and did sync over to 1Password for iOS on my iDevices. It seems to only be missing from 1Password Mini and the Safari extension. (Does 1Password Mini drive the Safari extension?)

Logins made through the Safari extension do appear in 1Password Mini, 1Password for Mac, and 1Password for iOS. There seems to be just this one syncing issue.

I read a tip somewhere else on the forums for this (or a seemingly similar enough) issue to make a slight change to the none-syncing login, and have tried that a few times. It has not had any impact.

So, help, please? Thank you. :-)

1Password: v. 6.3.1
Browser: Safari 9.1.1

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Sharpclaw,

I'm sorry one of your items is not showing up in 1Password mini / browser extension! We'll be happy to help figure out why that's happening and solve it.

I really like -- and heavily depend upon -- 1Password. :-) I recommend it to others who need to improve their password management, and know my password habits would be worse without it. So, thank you for this application.

Thank you so much for the kind words, we truly appreciate it! :love: We want our customers to enjoy using 1Password as much as we love making & supporting it - and hopefully you'll enjoy it even more once we solve this problem.

...I received a weird message that I did not fully see; it said something about 1Password and 1Password Mini not synching.

Hmm, I'm not quite sure which message you saw, but the main 1Password app and 1Password mini don't actually sync at all - they both read from the same database so they should always match. But I have a couple ideas about what might be happening.

...I have since created a login in the 1Password Mac application, and that login does not appear in 1Password Mini or the Safari extension.

If an item appears in the main app but not in mini / browser extension, it might be set to "Never display in browser". In the main 1Password app, click the Edit button for that item and check the 'display' option near the bottom of the item details. If that's set to Never display in browser, change it to Always and click Save. Now it should appear in 1Password mini & the browser extension.

If that item is set to Always but still doesn't appear in mini, please try restarting 1Password mini: From the main 1Password app, go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini.

Does that help at all? Please let us know how it goes up to this point, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

• Sharpclaw
    Sharpclaw
    Community Member

If an item appears in the main app but not in mini / browser extension, it might be set to "Never display in browser". In the main 1Password app, click the Edit button for that item and check the 'display' option near the bottom of the item details. If that's set to Never display in browser, change it to Always and click Save. Now it should appear in 1Password mini & the browser extension.

That sure did the trick! I must have fumbled with its settings when I created that login; that seems entirely plausible. :-)

Thank you, @Drew_AG, for your wonderfully detailed and helpful (and wow, so fast) reply! I do not know if there is a way to indicate "Issue Resolved" or anything, but... Issue Resolved! Looks like user error, speedily resolved. :-)

I don't recall what that message about 1Password for Mac and 1Password Mini was (as I said, I barely read the message when it appeared briefly back on June 6), but I have not observed any issue between the two... aside from this apparently unrelated issue. So... dunno! Maybe if there ever was something, the restarts and such that come with regular use cleared it out. :-)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

That's great news, I'm glad it turned out to be a simple fix! :)

No problem about the error message - if you ever see it again and have questions about it, just let us know.

Hopefully you're all set now, but if you have more questions or need anything else, we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.