Existing 1P Extension Prompts Me to Install 1P

Charles218
Charles218
Community Member

Hello,

I have 1P Extension 4.5.6.90 installed and running in Chrome version 48.0.2564.97 (64-bit) on my Mac. When I opened the 1P menu bar app today, in addition to viewing the login data that I needed, it asked if I wanted to install the 1P extension for Chrome and sent me to https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions. I'm a little confused, is this an update or is there a problem?

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

Charles Larkins

1Password Version: 4.4.3 (443000)
Extension Version: 4.5.6.90
OS Version: OSX 10.9.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@Charles218 That's strange! Were you by any chance using a different "person" in Google Chrome that didn't have the 1Password extension installed? And does this appear every time you view 1Password mini, or did it only happen the one time?

• Charles218
    Charles218
    Community Member

I am all but sure that I was logged in to my own account, it is the default account. So far, I have only had this happen one time, I just tried 1P Mini on a couple of websites and the problem does not appear.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Charles218,

I've actually noticed the same thing happen once or twice, but it's been such a rare occurrence that I haven't been able to figure out why. It seems like perhaps something is temporarily preventing 1Password mini from detecting that the browser extension is installed, but I don't know what that could be. Like you, I found that it started working again right afterwards. That makes it a bit of a tricky issue to track down, but we'll be happy to look into it if it starts happening to you again.

If it does happen again and doesn't resolve itself quickly, you can try restarting 1Password mini to see if it helps: From the main 1Password app, go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini.

Please do let us know if it starts happening again/more often and we'll see what else we can do. Cheers! :)

• Charles218
    Charles218
    Community Member

That sounds good, thanks so much!!!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome. Have a great weekend! :)

• bulbuls
    bulbuls
    Community Member

same problems here. can't use 1P in Chrome because every time I click on the button, it tries to install 1P for Chrome and always 'fails' even though the extension (the latest version) is already installed.

and... every time the 'installer' runs, it locks the vaults. I only use Chrome for one website; fortunately!

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@bulbuls have you given it the ol' delete-and-reinstall to see if that resolves the issue?

• bulbuls
    bulbuls
    Community Member

yes. deleted the extension. re-installed. relaunched Chrome. same problem.

just tried again. deleted extension. relaunched Chrome. installed extension. relaunched Chrome. clicked on 1P button --> https://agilebits.com/browsers/welcome.html

this time, tried enabling betas. same result.

have not tried rebooting my Mac, but shouldn't have to... :(

Mac Pro (early 2008)
    16GB RAM
    OS X 10.11.5 (15F34)
    Chrome 51.0.2704.103 (64-bit)
    1P 6.3 (630031)

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the extra information!

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac the next time this happens:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• Charles218
    Charles218
    Community Member

Problem disappeared for about one week and just reappeared today. Entered password to unlock 1P Mini, 1P Mini opened but without the password info for the page that I was on. I was asked if I wanted to install the Chrome extension. Clicked away from Mini and then went back to it, had to search for the page that I was on to retrieve the password. Now as I type this @ agilebits.com, clicking on 1P Mini produces the correct results and shows my forum login data correctly.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Charles218,

Sorry to hear the problem came back! The next time you notice this happens, please create & send us a diagnostics report by following the steps from nmott in his last post. Hopefully that will help us figure out why this is happening and how to fix it. Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.