Manually deleting account

Options
dwk
dwk
Community Member

Hi,

is it possible for me to manually delete my families account ?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rogerdodger
    rogerdodger
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @dwk,

Sorry to hear the Family account didn't work out for you.

From reading other posts similar to this the Agile Bits team will ask you to send an email to support@1password.com from the email address you used to set up your 1Password Families account. This allows them to verify you are you.

Is there any specific reason the Family account didn't work for you?

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dwk I'm sorry to hear that you want to delete your family account! If you don't mind offering some feedback, or letting us know if you had some kind of problem that we can help troubleshoot, I'd love to hear what you have to say about the service. We're always trying to make 1Password Families better for our customers and any feedback helps us do that :)

That said, Roger is correct, we were previously telling people to email us in order to process account deletions. But because we're quite agile -- you should see me do parkour... in video games... poorly -- we recently changed things so you can delete your account yourself. You have to be the owner of the account to do so. If you are, just...

1. Sign in to your account on 1Password.com
    2. Open the Account menu in the top-right corner and go to the Admin Console
    3. Go to the Settings section and select Delete Account
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions

You'll be warned about this there, but I also want to point out here that deleting your account is a permanent action. Your data, like the Gigantopithicus that the live action Jungle Book's King Louis is modeled after, will be gone forever. If that's a problem you can always cancel your subscription and leave your account frozen; you won't be charged, and your data will remain available. If not, delete away -- even though we'll be sad to see you go :(

• dwk
    dwk
    Community Member
    Options

The problem does not come from Families, it comes from me :(

I actually loved 1Password Families but I could not bear itchy feeling in my stomach that my data, even though encrypted, was stored in a cloud service.

That is exactly why I use 1Password over LastPass and Dashlane.

I understand that subscription model yields better profit for the company however I really hope that AgileBits don't abandon us single license users !!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dwk,

Thanks so much for the feedback! I'm glad that 1Password Families was great for you ... aside from the cloud service thing. We understand that some users are hesitant to store their data in the cloud, and this is precisely why we continue to offer the 1Password apps as standalone purchases that allow you full control over syncing.

We certainly don't want you to have any itchy feelings in your stomach!

If you have any questions about how to move your data from your 1Password Families account back into local vaults, please let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.