Suggestion: Display password as phone-keys

jrepenning
jrepenning
Community Member

I just bumped into a site that uses "the same password" for web access and for phone access. Not "smart phone web browser," I'm talking about that dinosaur tech thing with buttons and cords and a sort of hammer thingie you hold up to your face. Like they have inside little booths in old Superman movies. Where 1 is unused, 2 means a or b or c, 3 means d/e/f, and so on.

In such archaic worlds, it would be helpful if that same menu that offers to "Reveal" or "Large Type" the password had a choice to reveal/large-type the string of digits corresponding to the "real" password.

Actually, this would be equally handy on any platform, but it happens I encountered it on Mac.

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6.90
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@jrepenning that's an interesting use-case! I'm not sure whether or not this is something we would do, but either way a potential solution would be to create a custom field within the login item where you have the numerical sequence used to access that account via phone. So if your password is "Mozart" you could create a field called "phone" and enter "669278" so it's right there when you need to use it :)

This discussion has been closed.