Problem creating second login on same website

tommy
tommy
Community Member

I created a new login. Fine. Then I wanted to create a second login on the same page for my wife. I went through the motions, new username, generated a new password, continued. Nothing happened. I selected Save New Login in the mini, nothing happened. I still had the password on my clipboard and remembered the username I had chosen, but . . .

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: 10.11.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• rogerdodger
    rogerdodger
    Community Member

HI @tommy,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble setting up two logins for the same website in 1Password.

Can you tell us what website you are trying to do this on? That can give the folks at Agile Bits some better insight to any issues that the website itself may be causing.

Also what web browser are you using?

When you selected Save New Login from the mini did you see a window like this pop up?

• tommy
    tommy
    Community Member

I was going to www.aetnaseniorproducts.com I was using Safari 9.1.1
    I did not see the Save New Login from the mini window as I had on other occasions.
    New problem, trying to reply to your query, I mistakenly trashed the correct login. I looked in the trash and was unable to find it there
    Thanks @rogerdodger

• rogerdodger
    rogerdodger
    Community Member

Hi @tommy,

Thanks for the additional info.

In the main 1Password application you should be able to recover your Password by going to the Passwords tab in the Left column. Click on that and then click into the search box at the top of the center column and start typing aetnaseniorproducts. Does anything come up?

I have visited the www.aetnaseniorproducts.com login page and nothing there seems out of place. I entered a login name and saved it via the Mini app and it created an entry in my 1Password. One of the Agile Bits folks might see something I don't. ;)

Have you taken a look at either of these links?
    1. Using the browser extension - https://support.1password.com/guides/mac/saving-a-login.html
    2. Browser trouble shooting guide - https://support.1password.com/extension-troubleshooting/#if-1password-doesn-t-ask-to-save-a-password-or-won-t-fill-on-a-specific-website
    3. Create a login manually - https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/

• tommy
    tommy
    Community Member

Hi @rogerdodger I had no trouble creating one login. My problem arose when I tried to create a second login with a different username and password. The Mini app didn't come up and pressing "create New Login didn't do anything either.

When I type aetnaseniorproducts in the search box nothing from the trash comes up. It isn't in the trash although I pressed delete and said ok when asked to move to trash.

• rogerdodger
    rogerdodger
    Community Member
    edited June 2016

Hi @tommy,

Ah ha I seem to have forgotten about the first login part of things. The good news is that doesn't really change much. I have sites with five or more different accounts and 1Password handles them with no problem.

I'm not sure about what happened with the trash part of things. I would recommend resetting your password at the Aetna website:
    1. Reset the password for the second account here: https://www.aetnaseniorproducts.com/ssi/public/registration/forgotPassword.html?ssi_login=consumer
    2. After you enter the second account username you will probably get a verification email (I am guessing here as I don't have a username at the Aetna website to test this). In that email will be a link that you click on which will take you to a page where you create a new password.
    3. Once you get to the page where you can reset the password click the 1Password browser extension and go to the Password Generator to get a unique, super strong new password. Customize any details you like (such as length or special characters), then click Fill to automatically fill it into the New Password fields on the page.
    4. Click the Save button in the password reset form.
    5. 1Password should pop up with a box asking if you want to save the new login or update the existing login (your first account). Be sure to select Save New and hit save.
    6. IF 1Password does not pop up with a Save new window then you need to follow the manual option linked to here:
    https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/

Sometimes the auto save option doesn't get triggered for a website. You can file a website report via the 1Password Mini or Browser extension by clicking on the gear icon.

Does that do the trick?

This is gonna be it for me today, maybe someone from Agile Bits who makes 1Password will jump in and help if this doesn't get you there. :)

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tommy,

I'm sorry to hear that you've gotten into some trouble with 1Password.

I selected Save New Login in the mini, nothing happened.

Did you click this once you had fully logged in? This would explain why nothing happened when you clicked on "Save new login"!

About your issue with having sent the item to the trash and not being able to find it, are you sure you're looking on the trash of the right vault? This could be affecting what you see. If your item is still missing, you have a couple of options. One of them, probably the most practical, is to just reset your account information directly on the page and make the two new logins from scratch once you've done this as rogerdodger suggested. In general, keep in mind that 1Password keeps regular backups of your data, so you can always recover whatever you've lost from those! Let me know if you want to go down this road and I'll help you figure it out!

Finally, I've manually created two items for the webpage you gave us and they are both working ok. This guide will walk you step by step on this process: https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/

Please let us know how all this goes for you and if there's anything else that we can help you with! :chuffed:

• tommy
    tommy
    Community Member

Thanks @Pilar. I was able to recreate the second login manually. I had to say I forgot my password since I couldn't find it in the trash but that worked. I just thought I'd let you know things didn't always work out as expected. I'm a great fan of 1PW.
    Thanks for all your help

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Pilar, you're most welcome! I'm glad it's all working correctly for you now. Thanks for following up to let us know!

We're always happy to help, so please don't hesitate to contact us again if you need anything else. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.