1Password no longer syncs with dropbox. What to do?

cpnagle
cpnagle
Community Member

For many months 1Password (on iMacs, El Capitan) was syncing just fine through Dropbox. Recently the data has not been syncing. Could a recent 1Password update have caused this to need to be reset? I tried to turn on Syncing in Preferences, but it seems to have set up an op.vault on two of the computers, which is not on the iPhones. Our MacAir now says the 1Password app there is "damaged and can't be opened. Delete it and download again from App Store." Not sure how to proceed and not lose all or any of our 1Password data.

1Password Version: 6.3.1 (631005); 6.4.2 (iOS)
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: 10.11.5 (iMac); iOS 9.3.2
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Syncing with Dropbox was working just fine. Now it is not syncing. Is this due to software update?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@cpnagle:

Our MacAir now says the 1Password app there is "damaged and can't be opened. Delete it and download again from App Store." Not sure how to proceed and not lose all or any of our 1Password data.

Dealing with that issue first, take a look at this sticky at the top of the forum which will probably help.

As to the Dropbox problem does anything in this knowledge base article help?

Dropbox sync is not working in 1Password

Stephen

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cpnagle,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you bumped into with 1Password! As for your first issue, the post that Stephen_C linked will give you the details. The most important part is that your data is stored separately from the app. Deleting the app will not compromise in any way your data, it is completely safe :chuffed:

As for the syncing problem, I'd appreciate it if you could go through the troubleshoot guide linked above. This will go through the most common issues and even if it's something else, it will get us a better view of the problem to go from!

Please let us know how this goes for you! :chuffed:

• cpnagle
    cpnagle
    Community Member

Problems are all now corrected. Still don't understand how the syncing got turned off on the two iMacs by themselves, without my turning them off. I hope it won't recur. Is it likely that it was due to a software update for 1Password, since I noticed that other people have been posting similar experiences in the same timeframe? Thank you.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cpnagle,

I'm glad to hear you were able to solve those problems! :)

Unfortunately I don't know why Dropbox sync was disabled on your Macs. Normally, if that happens for some reason, 1Password should give you a notification/error message to let you know about that, and to say you need to fix the sync settings. But it sounds like you didn't see a notification like that.

I've also seen a few other posts here recently from customers who said Dropbox sync became disabled after a recent update. I don't know for sure if there's a problem with the update which caused that or if it's a coincidence, but we'll take a look to see if there's something we need to fix on our end. For whatever reason that happened, I apologize for the inconvenience!

Hopefully you're all set now, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.