Mac OS Yosemite says 3.8 is latest ver but Mac Mini and Iphone use ver 6. What do I do?

dwwolgast
dwwolgast
Community Member

I'm syncing desktop, mini and iPhone. OS Yosemite says ver 3.8.22 is the latest (not ver 6). But my mini w/Yosemite downloaded ver 6, and my iPhone uses ver 6. Should I ignore the desktop info and just download ver 6 there too?

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: 3.9.21.90
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:Mac OS Yosemite says 3.8 is latest ver but Mac Mini and Iphone use ver 6. What do I do?

Comments

• Hi @dwwolgast ,

Version 6 will run on Yosemite just fine. If you were previously running 3.8.22, you may need to purchase an upgrade, depending on when you purchased version 3. To determine this, click the Upgrade button on this page: https://agilebits.com/store and enter your license key when asked.

Regards,
    Kevin

• margeau
    margeau
    Community Member

Hi @dwwolgast,

I just worked through this very situation with my boyfriend. We share a Family License, but his operating system said he was up to date at version 3.x.x., while mine said I was up to date running 6.x.x. It turns out that 1Password 3 cannot be updated directly to the current version by using the Check for Updates feature.

The upgrade process isn't complicated, but there are a series of steps to be followed. We found them described and illustrated in this knowledge base article:
    https://support.1password.com/upgrade-mac/

I hope my experience gives you a leg up resolving your situation,
    Margeau

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@margeau,

You are correct. 1Password 4 was a paid upgrade from 1Password 3, so we didn't upgrade folks automatically. If someone follows the steps in the link you provided, they should be all set (presuming they have a license for the newer version, but that's covered in the link as well).

Thanks for mentioning that!

This discussion has been closed.