Unable to remove old passwords

m0325
m0325
Community Member

When I am at the fidelity.com site and put my pointer on id and password entry site, I get a list of passwords used over the last 3 to 5 years even though I have removed them from the 1password for mac log in list.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• m0325
    m0325
    Community Member

10.11.5 El capitan Version 6.3.1 1Password for mac

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @m0325,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

Just to make sure I understand, are you seeing a list of old passwords in the main 1Password app, or on the website itself when you click the password field?

If you're seeing that on the website itself, that doesn't sound like it's coming from 1Password. Instead, it sounds like the built-in password manager in your web browser is enabled and saving your passwords. We explain how to disable that feature of your web browser here: Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser

Does that help? If you have more questions about that, please let us know. Have a great weekend! :)

• m0325
    m0325
    Community Member

Changing preferences as you suggest in Safari solved the problem. Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Drew, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear did the trick. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.