I have 1PW 6.3 on my Mac Mini. I would like to install it on my new MacBook Pro.

JoeAldrich
JoeAldrich
Community Member

I installed 1PW 6.3 on my MacBook Pro yesterday. I also entered my Master Password which I intended to be exactly the same Master Password I have on my Mac Mini. I shut both devices down overnight. I booted my Mac Mini this morning and entered its Master Password without any problem. I next booted my MacBook Pro and entered the same Master Password I had just used successfully on my Mac Mini. No go! Maybe a typo. Several tries were also unsuccessful as well. I think I must have made a typo when I first entered the Master Password on my MacBook Pro. Any help with this faulty password on my MacBook Pro will be greatly appreciated. I will be glad to try to send you any more information if I can.
Joe Aldrich

1Password Version: 1PW 6.3
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: El Capitan 10.11.5
Sync Type: To be icloud

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JoeAldrich,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

If you have all your data in 1Password on your Mac mini, you could simply start over in 1Password on your MacBook Pro. Then sync the data fresh.

If you have data in 1Password on your MacBook Pro that you would like to keep, try the steps in our support article here:

https://support.1password.com/master-password/#recover-your-master-password

Let me know how it goes! I'm happy to offer more specific assistance if I know where you are getting stuck in the process.

• JoeAldrich
    JoeAldrich
    Community Member

khad,
    Thanks for your quick response to my query and for the very detailed instructions. I got the job done very quickly and painlessly. I was still at my Mac Mini where I posted the query. The mail sound from my MacBook came so quickly I had the feeling at first that you had answered before I fininshed posting my query.

Joe

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Haha that's great! I'm glad that khad was able to help you out so quickly! I think that was probably a little bit startling, but hopefully in the best possible way. We're here for you if you need anything else! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.