Request: more flexible visibility among family members

Options
Graham Kirby
Graham Kirby
Community Member

The model of organising the visibility of entries among family members at the vault level is nice and simple, but sometimes makes it hard to get the fine control desired. I might want an entry to be visible to one daughter, my wife and I, but not to the other daughter. To model all the possibilities I would need to create separate vaults for all the possible family subsets: 4 individuals + 6 pairs + 4 trios + 1 for a family of four.

How about an additional mechanism whereby individual records could be marked as visible to particular family members?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @Graham Kirby! That's an interesting suggestion. We've actually had a large number of requests for the ability to send an item to another member of a family or team, which is something that would help here as well. You could send the item to your daughter, and the vault shared with you and your wife could contain it otherwise. We haven't worked out the details of item sending yet, but hopefully we'll have some more available for you soon.

In the meantime, I do have an idea that may work for you: Rather than creating separate vaults for each issue, create one that you can use to share with people. You can add or remove them from it whenever, so if you need to send someone an item, copy it to that vault and add them to the vault, then have them move the item to their Personal vault. Remove them from the vault when you're done. I've heard of a few users doing this, and while it does seem a bit of a workaround, it's nice to have around for direct sharing. :) Hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.