Can I change the language of 1Password Families? / Puis-je changer la langue de 1Password Familles ?

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

Good evening from France!

I've just start a 1Password Families free trial and I'm a little bit disappointed. I thought it would be possible to use 1Password in french, like in the single version license. Is it already possible or will it be soon ?

Thanks for your great work!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MathieuLMBRT: No, the 1Password Families/Teams web interface does not yet support localization.

While (most of) the 1Password apps themselves have been around for a while and we've been able to localize them, 1Password Families (and Teams) is still pretty new and changing frequently enough that we're not able to set up translation for the 1Password.com web interface yet...but it's absolutely coming! I can't say exactly when, but we definitely want to make it more familiar for our awesome non-English-speaking customers.

Thanks so much for your kind words and support. I'm sorry that we don't have a "yes" for you in French yet, but we will in time. :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks brenty!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Any time! I wish I had better news for you now, but it's absolutely on our agenda. Cheers! :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Oh, I'm sorry to answer again but I noticed that all the applications, not just the web interface, have switched partially to english (things like "identities", "logins"...). It seems to be a minor bug.

• Jacob
    Options

@MathieuLMBRT That does sound a bit strange. French is 87% translated on our CrowdIn project, so there could be a few things missing. What words specifically are incorrect? We can look into them, or you can search the CrowdIn project if you'd like to contribute yourself.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Only the categories' (identities, logins...) and fields' (first name, account number...) names are not translated when I use my 1Password Families account. It was translated when I was using the single version licence so it's a bit strange.

• sebastian_bauer
    sebastian_bauer
    Community Member
    Options

It's the same here with German language. Since using a family account, categories are in English. Is this related to the web interface, which is something like the master for an 1Password account?

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for explaining what's happening! This is a known issue with grabbing category names from 1Password Families and 1Password Teams that our development team is working on :)

ref: OPM-4024

• Robs
    Robs
    Community Member
    Options

Having the same problem. Hope it gets fixed soon.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, @Robs. Unfortunately this is going to affect everyone who uses the 1Password.com service until we can get it fixed up. Unfortunately we do not have immediate plans to localize these.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.