Password Generator Feature Request

danr
danr
Community Member
edited June 2016 in Mac

First and foremost, I absolutely love the product and have been using it for around 6 years now -- fantastic job!

I would love to see an enhancement to the password generator tool that allows you to specify allowable special characters. For example, some websites allow only a certain set of special characters and it would be very helpful to have this feature in order to generate more secure passwords on these types of sites.

I’m a developer myself, so I have a temporary workaround for these sites, but I’m sure 1Password is using better entropy and randomization than I am ;)

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: 10.11.5
Sync Type: Wi-Fi

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @danr,

Thank you very much for your very kind words! I'm glad to hear that you enjoy 1Password and have been doing so for so long! :chuffed:

Your suggestion is one we've seen before, and that we are aware of. Sadly some sites have very weird or specific conditions for the passwords that they allow, making it harder for everyone to achieve the maximum security :frown:

Thank you for giving us your suggestion, we'll add it to our tracker and see where this goes! Please let us know if there's anything else that we can do for you! :chuffed:

ref: OPM-1378

This discussion has been closed.