Two versions? Crash EVERY time first use on Chrome

betterannamac
betterannamac
Community Member

I really am not sure how best to describe what is going on. I launch Chrome and then the first time I go to use the extension, I get the prompt to log in and it looks like this:

Notice the color of the lock portion? I can log in and then it seems to be accessing an older version of my data:

This screenshot isn't helpful for YOU but notice the number of Amazon accounts? Yeah, that's wrong. I can select one, and then it will log in (if the password is still accurate) and then the extension will immediately crash. Every single time.

Without fail. But THEN, I can go to a site and get THIS screen to login:

Notice it looks a bit different than the first unlock screen? And THIS one takes me to the right, current data:

From then on, if I don't quit my browser, all is right in the world.

I have tried deleting and reinstalling the extension and removing all 1password data except for iCloud which is where I'm synching. But it still goes exactly the same as described. Initially with a slightly different unlock screen and old data, a crash and then log in with a different screen and current data.

Any ideas?

1Password Version: 6.3.1 (Mac App Store)
Extension Version: 4.5.6.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @betterannamac,

I moved your post to the Mac category, I hope that you don't mind. I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with 1Password and the browser extension on Chrome. Thank you for giving us such a detailed account of the problem with the different screenshots, it makes it easier for us to help you!

It sounds like you might have multiple copies of 1Password installed, so that's the first thing that I'd recommend you to check. To do this, go to Finder on your Mac, click on Applications and on the search menu write "1Password". If you find extra copies (more than one) of 1Password, delete them. This article has some more information about this: https://support.1password.com/extra-copies-found/#what-you-should-do.

Please let us know what you find out when you try this! :chuffed:

• betterannamac
    betterannamac
    Community Member
    edited June 2016

There is only one instance of 1Password. I looked even outside of Applications. I didn't know if it was something about switching to families. It's like the extension version is initially trying to grab old data - from where, I have no idea - and then after it crashes, it pulls from the correct, newer data.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @betterannamac,

Let’s take a closer look at your system to see if we can determine where things are getting tangled up.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• betterannamac
    betterannamac
    Community Member

My support ID is [#VDV-69713-664]. Thanks so much!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @betterannamac! I'll update the email thread with details from this forum discussion so it's easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible with more information, and we'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. Hopefully we'll have this figured out in no time. :)

ref: VDV-69713-664

This discussion has been closed.