Unable to access vault

o_orca
o_orca
Community Member

I started a new vault for work logins last week. This week I wanted to add something to that vault, but 1Password Mac wouldn't let me add anything to the vault, look at it, or move a login item into the new vault. It said something about 'Unable to login to profile'....or something like that. Something about the profile.

The only way I could get back into my vault was to go reset the Vault password. Can someone tell me how I should be able to access my vaults in the future?

thx

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: WiFi

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

The only way I could get back into my vault was to go reset the Vault password. Can someone tell me how I should be able to access my vaults in the future?

It sounds like you can get into your vault now since changing the Master Password. Is that correct, or did I misunderstand?

I started a new vault for work logins last week. This week I wanted to add something to that vault, but 1Password Mac wouldn't let me add anything to the vault, look at it, or move a login item into the new vault. It said something about 'Unable to login to profile'....or something like that. Something about the profile.

1Password doesn't use profiles, so I'm wondering if what you saw was something else entirely. Could you please clarify what you're seeing? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Thanks in advance! :)

• o_orca
    o_orca
    Community Member
    edited June 2016

Yeah, right now it's working.

I changed the password for the Vault, not the master (maybe that's the same thing), and that's when I was able to start adding things to the vault again.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Yeah, right now it's working.

@o_orca: Ah, got it. Thanks for clearing that up. That's good news! :)

I changed the password for the Vault, not the master (maybe that's the same thing), and that's when I was able to start adding things to the vault again.

Ohhh. This is interesting. I appreciate the additional information! So it was a secondary vault you couldn't access. It sounds like something may have been damaged. Are you syncing this vault with other devices? I wonder if some bad data was sync'd from somewhere else.

• o_orca
    o_orca
    Community Member

yeah, it was a secondary vault that I set up just for work stuff. I have been syncing my vaults via WiFi, but I apparently haven't done so since I created this new vault. It doesn't show up on my phone anyway.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

@o_orca, I'm not sure why the problem with that new vault happened, but I'm glad it's working now! If for some reason you run into a problem like that again, please let us know and we'll be happy to take a further look into it.

I have been syncing my vaults via WiFi, but I apparently haven't done so since I created this new vault. It doesn't show up on my phone anyway.

Do you need any help to sync the new vault to your iPhone? Hopefully it works once you try syncing again, but we'll be glad to help if you have trouble with that.

Have a great weekend! :)

• o_orca
    o_orca
    Community Member

Looks like it's all good now. My firewall settings were blocking WiFi sync in the guest network I've been on for the last couple of weeks. But things appear to be syncing correctly now.

thx

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

That's great news! I'm glad you were able to get it sorted out. I know Drew will be too. :)

Have a fantastic weekend!

This discussion has been closed.