I am not able to install update to 1Password 3.8.22 build 320010

jbstroup
jbstroup
Community Member

Receive a constant error when trying to install the update. "An error occurred while extracting the archive."

1Password Version: 3.8.21
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: 10.11.5
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: kb:undefined, kb-search:unable to install update

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016

Hi @jbstroup,

I'm sorry you've run into this error, but thank you for reaching out to us here in the forums for help upgrading from version 3.8.21 on your Mac! I'm glad you asked, and I'll be happy to help you out with this.

First, I'd like to mention that, as you may have already noticed, 1Password 3 for Mac doesn't work very well on El Capitan. Upgrading to 3.8.22 isn't going to fix that, as 1Password 3 had been out of active development for years by the time El Capitan was released. So you'll want to upgrade to 1Password 6. This article will guide you through that process:

How to upgrade 1Password for Mac from version 3

The app is free to download from our site and use in Trial Mode for 30 days. Regarding licensing the app: if you bought 1Password 3 in 2013, then your license has been automatically upgraded to version 6; you'll just need to request your new license info from this page. If you bought it from the Mac App Store, it's also a free upgrade through the Mac App Store (using the same Apple ID).

If you bought your license prior to 2013, you can either get a discount on a new license in our upgrade store, or consider switching to a Families subscription (which includes all the apps, Pro Features on mobile, and web access to your vaults) for just $5/mo or less. If you need help deciding, there's a nice comparison chart on our pricing page.

I hope this response (and all the links--wow, that's a lot of links) will help you upgrade successfully, but please don't hesitate to post back with any other questions you may have. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.