How do I make sure icloud drive is turned on?

JoeAldrich
JoeAldrich
Community Member

How do I make sure icloud drive is turned on? Agile bits says to do this in several of its how to sync 1PW with icloud.

Joe

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:Agile Bits says be sure icloud drive is turned on.

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016

Hi @JoeAldrich,

Is it fair to guess that you were reading our iCloud sync troubleshooting article? For example, where it says:

• Go to Apple menu > System Preferences and select iCloud.
    • Sign in with your Apple ID, if you need to.
    • Make sure iCloud Drive is turned on.

In the iCloud section of System Preferences, you should see iCloud Drive listed, with a checkbox next to it. If there is a checkmark in the box next to iCloud Drive, then it is turned on. If the box is unchecked, click in the box to turn iCloud Drive on.

I assume you're looking at iCloud sync troubleshooting tips because you're having trouble syncing your 1Password data with iCloud. If the article doesn't point you in the right direction, we're here to help you! Just let us know what kind of issue you're having with as much detail as possible, and we'll be glad to assist. :)

• JoeAldrich
    JoeAldrich
    Community Member

Thank you, Vee, for your prompt response. I have not had any luck syncing with iCloud so far so I am going to take a breather here and do some study on the matter. I just got the 1Password 6 e-book and I'm going to read that and some other e-books on iCloud that I have so that I'm better equipped to start with. The Agile Bits forum has been most responsive and I will be back.

Joe

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@JoeAldrich are you experiencing problems even after you've made sure iCloud Drive is working and you've set up sync in both 1Password for Mac and 1Password for iOS? Setting up iCloud Drive is just one step in the process of syncing via iCloud, so I wanted to make sure that you've finished setup in the 1Password apps :) If you have and there's still a problem, let us know and we'll help!

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JoeAldrich,

I just want to mention one more thing, because we've been hearing from some users lately who are confused about this: if you are using 1Password Teams or 1Password Families, then those vaults can't be synced via iCloud or any other 3rd-party method, as the Families and Teams services handle the syncing themselves. I don't know if this applies to you at all, so feel free to disregard if you're not using a Families or Teams account, but I thought it might be worth mentioning just in case. :+1:

• JoeAldrich
    JoeAldrich
    Community Member

nmott, here is my most recent message from iCloud. I have received this same exact message 5 or 6 times in the last couple of days.
    Joe

• JoeAldrich
    JoeAldrich
    Community Member

I am definitely still experiencing problems even after I've made sure iCloud Drive is working and I've set up sync in 1Password for Mac in both of my devices. I do not wish to sync an iOS device since I don't own an iOS device. I want to sync my Mac Mini with my new MacBook Pro and nothing else for some time to come.

Joe

• JoeAldrich
    JoeAldrich
    Community Member

Vee, I am using neither a teams acct nor a family acct, just my personal personal and individual acct to sync my Mac Mini with my new MacBook Pro for 1 Password 6 and nothing else for some time to come. As I pointed out to nmott I don't even own an iOS device.

Joe

• JoeAldrich
    JoeAldrich
    Community Member

I just signed on to iCloud again as requested by iCloud and all it is doing sitting there with a small rotating circle in the upper middle of an otherwise blank browser page as it has done several times in the recent past. Sometime soon iCloud will announce that it has expired and I should sign in to iCloud again.

Joe

• JoeAldrich
    JoeAldrich
    Community Member

nmott and Vee, I just noticed this: especially the info on the left sidebar.

Joe

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JoeAldrich,

Thanks so much for describing the issue you're experiencing. I'm sorry that you're dealing with this. The good news is you're not alone and it's not due to anything you've done wrong or misconfigured. We actually have an announcement posted at the top of our forum explaining this issue, which I invite you to read:

Prompted to sign in to Apple ID for iCloud in the browser (URL: idmsa.apple.com)

As of June 1st, the issue seemed to have gone away for many users, in that they were no longer prompted to sign in so frequently. But your report makes me think it may be back.

Have you restarted your Mac(s) recently? That may help resolve this issue. Also make sure you've updated to 1Password version 6.3.1 on both Macs.

I just signed on to iCloud again as requested by iCloud and all it is doing sitting there with a small rotating circle in the upper middle of an otherwise blank browser page as it has done several times in the recent past.

I found an answer for this in another forum thread about this issue, from my teammate brenty:

Yes, this is the result when you login. You'll know it worked because 1Password will popup a confirmation when it gets the token from iCloud. You can then close the webpage and you're all set.

Are you seeing any confirmation from 1Password that iCloud sync is authorized?

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016

@JoeAldrich,

Regarding the screenshot of your iCloud settings, I'm not sure what you're pointing out in the left sidebar? You do have iCloud Drive enabled and everything looks normal to me. What are you seeing that I'm not seeing? Do you have more than one Apple/iCloud ID?

• JoeAldrich
    JoeAldrich
    Community Member

Vee, I read both the "Account Details" and the "Set Up Family" buttons and I don't see anything pertinent there either.

Joe

• JoeAldrich
    JoeAldrich
    Community Member

Vee, I almost overlooked your last question to me. No I am not seeing any confirmation from 1Password that iCloud sync is authorized. No I do not have more than one Apple/iCloud ID.

Joe

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for your quick responses, @JoeAldrich. At this point I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from each of your Macs so we can get a better view of what's going on and make sure everything's configured properly. Here's how to create Diagnostics Reports:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Please attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com and include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Reports in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down your email, take a look at the reports, and respond to you quickly with next steps. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you, and we'll continue the conversation via email. Thanks very much!

• JoeAldrich
    JoeAldrich
    Community Member

Vee, I have some other pressing issues to deal with tomorrow but I will be able to address your request sometime tomorrow. I do have a question about some of your request: How do I include a link to this thread in my email? When I post that number here I presume you mean at the end of this thread, correct? I hope we can get some results. I need to sign off for tonight but I will be in touch tomorrow.

Joe

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @JoeAldrich, that sounds like a plan. No rush, but we'll be here to help you when you're ready.

How do I include a link to this thread in my email?

Just paste this URL into the body of the email that you send us with the Diagnostics Reports attached: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/66050/how-do-i-make-sure-icloud-drive-is-turned-on

When I post that number here I presume you mean at the end of this thread, correct?

Correct. The number will look something like this: XYZ-98765-432. And you can just post that here for us in a new comment in this thread.

I hope we can get some results.

Me too! Thanks in advance. :)

• JoeAldrich
    JoeAldrich
    Community Member

Vee, I sent 2 emails, one for each of my 2 devices. Let me know if you get the diagnostic reports.

Joe

• JoeAldrich
    JoeAldrich
    Community Member

Vee, #ZET-84269-928 #PDP-75888-349
    Here are the 2 numbers I received from Agile Bits re the diagnostic reports. Let me know if I can help you further.

Joe

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@JoeAldrich I found both of 'em. We'll follow up via email after we take a look so we can keep the conversation in one place :)

ref: ZET-84269-928 , PDP-75888-349

• JoeAldrich
    JoeAldrich
    Community Member

Thanks for letting me know.

Joe

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

• JoeAldrich
    JoeAldrich
    Community Member

I think I have SYNCED! 1Password on my MacBook Pro is now behaving exactly as it does on my Mac Mini. This can only have been via Agile Bits and iCloud. This was my objective from the beginning. My heartfelt thanks to all on "the Team" who have assisted me in any way. I am 81 years of age ... who says old dogs can't learn new tricks!

Thanks again to all.
    Joe

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JoeAldrich,

I'm so happy to hear that it's all in sync now! On behalf of everyone who chimed in, you're very welcome! Please don't hesitate to contact us any time you want help :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.