in pref. I say sync with dropbox it says it puts the file in Dropbox/Apps/1Password and it doesn't

shellyskay
shellyskay
Community Member

In preferences -> Sync I selected Dropbox.
It says it puts the file in Dropbox/Apps/1Password and it is called 1password.opvault.
I added a new password in 1password looked in dropbox and in the Dropbox folder there is a new file 1Password.agilekeychain
it isn't where the preferences said it is. Explain?

1Password Version: 1pasword 6
Extension Version: 6.3.1
OS Version: 10.11.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:sync with dropbox apps folder

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@shellyskay: It sounds like you'd previously sync'd with Dropbox using an older version of 1Password on one device or another. AgileKeychain was the default vault format for a long time, whereas now it is OPVault. However, any version of 1Password which can use OPVault can also use AgileKeychain, so you can simply use your existing vault rather than create a new one if you wish.

If you're still having trouble, tell me all OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action.

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, where is your 1Password data currently? Is it on a single device, and you want to sync it to the others? Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.