Feature Request: Hide selected items in 1Password Mini & Browser Extension popups

melorama
melorama
Community Member

It would be great if there was a way to "anti-favorite" any item in your 1Password vault, so that it doesn't show up by default when you invoke the 1Password Mini or browser extension on a site where you may have numerous separate logins for.

A common example is Google. I have about 20 different Gmail accounts for various work and leisure purposes. But I only regularly need to log in to 3 of those accounts on a daily basis. But every time I invoke the 1PW browser extension when I log in to Gmail, i get a huge list of all my Gmail accounts (or it shows the first few Google logins, in alphabetical order, which isn't very useful).

I would love to be able to flag the unimportant Gmail logins so that they don't show up in the 1PW Mini/Browser Extension list, but are still accessible if I really need them, either by launching the main 1Password app, or by expanding a menu item at the bottom of the list that says "show hidden logins" or something.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @melorama ,

You can stop 1Password items from appearing in mini. To do this, open the item in the main 1Password application, edit the item, set the Display field to Never display in browser, and Save. Then it will no longer appear in 1Password mini.

I've attached a screenshot showing the option.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• melorama
    melorama
    Community Member

OMG, how long has that feature been in 1PW? I can't believe I've missed that option all this time!

Thanks for the info.

• melorama
    melorama
    Community Member

As an addendum to this, it would be great if you could set the "Never Display in Browser" option to multiple selected items at once, so you don't have to apply this option one-by-one, if you have a lot of items you want to apply it to.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Kevin, you're most welcome! I'm glad that feature is so helpful for you. I don't know exactly how long it's been there, but I know it has been there at least since 1Password 3. It's not terribly obvious though, so it can be easy to miss. ;)

As an addendum to this, it would be great if you could set the "Never Display in Browser" option to multiple selected items at once, so you don't have to apply this option one-by-one, if you have a lot of items you want to apply it to.

Thanks for the suggestion! I think that would be handy too. I can't make any promises about if/when we might add that feature, but I can certainly let our developers know you'd be interested in that.

If you have more questions or need anything else, be sure to let us know - we're always happy to help. :)

• melorama
    melorama
    Community Member

Thanks Drew,

BTW, since I'm using 1Password for Teams/Families, does the "Never display in browser" setting get synced to other users who may have access to that particular vault item? As happy as I am that this feature exists, I can't really use it if it hides items from other users who may want to see those items show up in their own browser extension.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@melorama,

On behalf of Drew, you are quite welcome!

The Display setting ("Always" or "Never display in browser") is set in the item itself. It's not a local or per-user preference. So if the item is in a shared vault, the setting will be enforced for anyone who has access to that item.

In my own usage, this is a great advantage. For example, all of the credit cards my wife and I have are in our shared vault. However, there are some credit cards we don't use for online shopping, so I set them to "Never display in browser". She doesn't have to worry about what card to use or what card not to use. She can safely use any card that is available in the browser. It would be a bit of a pain to go and set that up every single time for each of us.

But I'll mention your suggestion to the developers. Perhaps we can find a middle ground in the future. :)

This discussion has been closed.