Unable to click on web page links after 1PW plugin is not dismissed by the user

Options
brendanc
brendanc
Community Member

OK, so a weird issue I've been encountering for a while that I've finally nailed down to being 1Password-related: If the 1Password chrome plugin pops up and is dismissed by another item that steals its focus (which causes it to go away), then you won't be able to click on any links on a webpage. I'm not sure if this is due to dom manipulation or what, but it's extremely annoying. However, it can be fixed by opening the 1password plugin dialogue and then clicking outside of it (which I guess resets the dom funnyness).

In web development terms (which is what I know, forgive me if this seems patronizing), it's as if an invisible element is covering the entire page, but is at a very high z-index so you can't click on anything underneath.

Anyway, to reproduce the issue, I do the following:

1. Go to a website that I have not stored a login for.
  2. Log in
  3. Either the "Unlock 1password to save this login" or "Save Login" dialogue appears. At this point the chrome dialogue to save password also appears.
  4. If I click cancel or hit the escape key (going back to the webpage) I can no longer click on links UNTIL I click on the 1password plugin again.

Is this a known bug?

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.7.4
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @brendanc ,

Thanks for taking the time to write in with this issue. No, explaining in terms of the DOM wasn't patronizing at all; it helps explain what you mean. Can you try a little test?

1. Go into Chrome's preferences, and turn off "Offer to save your web passwords". That way only 1Password will offer to save and not Chrome.
    2. Try a web site that you don't have a login saved for again.
    3. Login, press escape and see if you can click on links then.

Let us know if it works with just 1Password and not Chrome trying to save the login. It may be a combination of the two that is causing the problem. That will give us a little more info as to where to look.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• brendanc
    brendanc
    Community Member
    Options

Seems as though that has fixed it! I'll be sure to update you again if it somehow still occurs.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great news, I'm glad it works when the Chrome password manager is disabled! We normally recommend disabling a web browser's built-in password manager when using 1Password, but if for some reason you need to have both enabled and run into that problem again, please let us know and we'll take a further look into this. Cheers! :)

• brendanc
    brendanc
    Community Member
    Options

Definitely. I did use both simultaneously for a while (for low security sites so I didn't have to unlock 1PW), but since I don't anymore it wasn't an issue for me to disable it.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.