Multiple versions on multiple devices

Options
VinnyBags
VinnyBags
Community Member

I have version 6.4.2 on both my iPhone and iPad purchased from Agilebits store. I have two versions on my iMac both are version 6.3.1 , one purchased from Agilebits the other from Mac App Store with different data on them and both indicate that they are the latest version. How do I get them all to the latest version and with the same data? I am using iCloud for Syncing. Thanks

1Password Version: 6.3.1 and 6.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5 and IOS 9.3.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @VinnyBags ,

I can certainly help you with that. I will present instructions for switching to the AgileBits version. If you would rather switch to the Mac App Store version, let me know, and we can happily provide instructions for that. Both versions have the same features. The only difference being the Mac App Store is a little more convenient when installing on a new Mac, but the AgileBits store version allows for beta updates, if you were ever to choose to try them. It's also fairly easy to switch back to the other should you change your mind in the future.

So, to switch to the AgileBits version:

1. Open the Mac App Store version. This one is in your Applications folder named 1Password or 1Password.app.
    2. Unlock with your Master Password and choose Export > All Items from the File menu and save the file to your desktop. Repeat this for each vault if you have more than one vault.
    3. Once this has finished, Quit 1Password by holding down the control key while selecting Quit 1Password and 1Password mini from the 1Password menu.
    4. Open the AgileBits version of 1Password. This one is named 1Password 6 or 1Password 6.app
    5. Unlock with your Master Password and choose Import from the File Menu. Choose 1Password in the window that appears, and click Using the Mac App on the right. Then click the button and choose that "1pif" folder you saved on your Desktop. If you had more than one vault in the Mac App Store version, switch to (or create) new vaults for each "1pif" folder you exported in step 2 and repeat the import.

That's it! You may have a few duplicate items. You will need to look at each one and throw out the older one (or the "incorrect" one).

After you've been using the AgileBits store version for a while, you can safely delete the Mac App Store version. To do this, trash the 1Password app from your Applications folder. (the one without the 6 after it). Also trash the Mac App Store data folder. It is located here:
    ~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/Data
    Only delete that data once you are certain everything is working fine in the AgileBits version, and all of your data is there.

I hope this helps. Please reply if you have further questions, or need assistance.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.