1PW fails on popup login panes

Many websites are now using pop-up login panes/panels (I allow pop-ups on those pages). When I try to fill User ID and Password from the mini, many of these windows collapse before the information is entered completely. When I attempt to enter the info manually, 1PW interrupts, and inquires if I want to save the "new" login. This occurs for Firefox 47.0 and for Safari 9.1.1.
Any suggestions?

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: OS 10.11.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1PW fail on popup login panes

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @RWZeren,

I'm sorry to hear that you've bumped into some websites that don't work well with 1Password. We're always working to make 1Password work on every site, and your input helps achieve that :chuffed: Could you please give us the links to some of the sites where you are seeing this? Every page is different and if we can see exactly what's causing trouble it will be so much easier for us to find a fix for them!

We'll be waiting for your answer so we can go forward with figuring this out! :chuffed:

• RWZeren
    RWZeren
    Community Member

Southwest Airlines is one site where this occurs. I will note others when I encounter them.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @RWZeren,

Thank you for your answer, Southwest Airlines is one we are aware about and that is quite tricky! You can check this thread if you want to try a workaround for now, as well as some more details on why this page in particular causes trouble.

If you bump into any other pages like this please point them out to us, this helps us see exactly where the problems rely! :chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@RWZeren: Ah, thanks for mentioning that! It sounds like you may be trying to login from Southwest's main page, which is, unfortunately, rather troublesome. Fortunately there's an alternative in that case. please try this URL instead:

https://www.southwest.com/flight/login

And regarding the more general question of "popup" login forms, 1Password isn't able to navigate pages for you to click and open these, so in general they are problematic. However, some websites will allow 1Password to fill and submit your login credentials even without the popup being visible. I love those! But unfortunately they are in the minority. So in most cases, the best solution is to find an alternate login form (such as the one for Southwest mentioned above).

And when you encounter problems with specific websites, please contact us and let us know the URL so we can test it ourselves (along with the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using). We're always here to help! :)

• RWZeren
    RWZeren
    Community Member

Thanks to Pilar and brenty. I've also pinged Southwest on this.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@RWZeren: In their defense, at least they have an alternate login page. Many don't, and then we're just stuck with whatever shenanigans... :crazy:

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @RWZeren,

Now improving matters will be site specific but we've added a change to the latest beta to help with Southwest. You can read about it and about trying the beta in my post in he thread 1Password doesn't work on Southwest Airlines website anymore (the link is to my specific post). Let us know what you think :smile:

Oh and please do notify us as you find more sites that have this issue.

• jaylindell
    jaylindell
    Community Member

This is much more problematic, I find, in iOS. Pop-up logins abound! On a web page, the Share sheet > 1Password solution works great. But when the website has a pop-up login, then the Share sheet is not available. The process I use there is to tell Siri to open 1 Password, find the login, copy the password (I use the same username almost everywhere so I usually remember that) and go back to the pop-up and paste the password in.

Any way to engineer 1P for iOS to handle these, or is only the app builder able to build that functionality? (An example where this happens a lot is when I am in a video based app (HBO GO, MSNBC, SyFy, etc) where they ask you to find and sign in with your cable provider. For mine (Verizon), the pop-up does not provide for a Share sheet or 1P entry.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@jaylindell,

It sounds like you may be talking about a couple different things.

This discussion has been closed.