Do I Need a New License for My New MacBook Pro?

Options
pdhrebooted
pdhrebooted
Community Member

I have a PC that I've used 1Password on for several years. I'm still using the old version of 1Password (1.0.9.342). I'm switching to Macs but I'll keep my PC for running software that won't run on Mac's. Do I need to buy a separate licence for my MacBook Pro if I already have one for PC?

I have an older MacBook that I've never used 1Password on but now I'll have a PC and two MacBook Pros. My main MacBook and my backup system.

It was my understanding that I could install 1Password on as many machines as I personal own and use. Is this the case or am I misunderstanding?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 1.0.9.342
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pdhrebooted,

Thanks for asking about this.

Back when you purchased your license, we provided the option to only purchase a license for a single platform: Mac or Windows. It's possible you only have a license for Windows, but I wasn't able to locate a license associated with the email address you used to sign up for this forum. (It's all I had to go on.)

Could you email us a copy of your receipt or even just let us know the email address you used when you purchased the license? That will allow us to better assist you: support+licenses@agilebits.com

When you email us, please include a link to this discussion, so we can connect the dots when we see your message in our inbox. :)

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/66193/do-i-need-a-new-license-for-my-new-macbook-pro#latest

Cheers!

• pdhrebooted
    pdhrebooted
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Email sent.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Perfect. I spotted your email in the queue and will reply in just a moment. We'll work with you via email until everything is resolved so that we are not duplicating efforts or creating any confusion. :)
    ref: YGF-26686-263

This discussion has been closed.